PDA

View Full Version : Looking for moist corn muffin recipe

anamika
07-01-2007, 07:14 PM
We ate an excellent corn muffin the other day and I was looking to make some at home. I have made corn muffins in the past and liked them okay until I ate this one and realized how dry mine were.
I prefer the savory/not too sweet kind but I'm game for even sweet ones.
Any favorite corn muffin recipes?
Thanks,

twindad
07-05-2007, 05:00 PM
We love the corn bread muffin mix from Trader Joe's. The muffins turn out fantastic every time, and there are no hydrogenated oils/trans fats.

HTH

s7714
07-06-2007, 04:50 PM
This is the one I use (straight off the corn meal box ;)). It is on the sweet side, but they are quite moist. I'd like to find a more savory recipe too, but the couple I've tried has been on the dry side. I never realized how dry my mom's cornbread was growing up until I made these!

Sweet Corn Muffins

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup yellow or white corn meal
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted

Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease or paper-line 18 to 20 muffin cups. Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil and butter in small bowl; mix well. Add to flour mixture; stir just until blended. Pour into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center come out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool slightly. Serve warm.

For corn bread: Pour batter into greased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

High Altitude (3500 to 6000 feet): Corn Muffins - Bake for 20 to 24 minutes. Corn Bread - No change needed

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

anamika
07-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Thanks so much. I'll be making these soon.
It never even occurred to me to look on the box - Duh!
Thanks for the tip about the TJ's mix. Will have to get that next time we're there.