PDA

View Full Version : I saw Dan Zanes at the Airport

DrSally
01-08-2008, 04:18 PM
During the holidays, I was standing by the luggage carts, and Dan Zanes was putting his money in to get a cart as well! He has such a signature look, I knew it was him, but I asked, "ARe you Dan Zanes?!" He said yes and I told him I loved his music and he said thank you. He tried to make small talk, but I was so exhausted from our flights and it was late, so I was pretty speechless and couldn't muster any intelligent conversation. He was very nice and down to earth though. He was there with his petite little wife and pre-teen daughter. My husband and I laughed that he prob gets moms coming up to him all the time.

Pennylane
01-08-2008, 04:55 PM
That is really cool. I never would have been brave enough to speak to him!

Ann

hellokitty
01-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Cool! He does have a very signature look. I always think it's nice to see celebs with their families, it's a reminder that they are regular ppl, just like everyone else.

DrSally
01-08-2008, 05:36 PM
That is really cool. I never would have been brave enough to speak to him!

Ann

YEah, I prob wouldn't approach a "celebrity", but he was literally right next to me and it looked like he walked right off of one of his album covers with his hair, jacket, jeans, etc.

Corie
01-08-2008, 06:16 PM
I am the ultimate celebrity spotter! If someone is even remotely
famous, I can spot them. For some odd reason, I can't think
of celebrities as normal people. Not sure why.

trentsmom
01-08-2008, 07:09 PM
I've always wondered if that was really his hair, or if it was a wig. Guess I know the answer now!

tylersmama
01-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Um, who's Dan Zanes? Is that a dumb question? :)

pb&j
01-08-2008, 08:28 PM
He has such a signature look, I knew it was him,

Was he wearing a bright green suit? That would have tipped me off. ;)

That's very cool!! I'm glad to hear that he was nice. :)

pb&j
01-08-2008, 08:30 PM
He was a member of the Del Fuegos, and then started making kids' music. Now he's about as big as Laurie Berkner on the kids' music scene. He's got crazy hair and wears loud suits when he performs.

Try danzanes.com for more info.

DrSally
01-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Was he wearing a bright green suit? That would have tipped me off. ;)

Haha, I've actually never seen him live or on TV for that matter, just his album artwork/covers. He seems to always wear skinny pants and some sort of suit jacket, which is exactly what he was wearing. But that hair is unmistakable. I don't think I would recognize Laurie Berkner, the Ralph's world guy, or Justin Roberts.

Raidra
01-09-2008, 08:29 PM
My uncle and Dan Zanes used to play together back in the day. My uncle had his own band and I think they would kind of help each other out. I've never gotten to meet him, though. :(

That's really cool that you got to see him with his family. Makes him seem more 'regular.'

DrSally
01-09-2008, 08:34 PM
My uncle and Dan Zanes used to play together back in the day. My uncle had his own band and I think they would kind of help each other out. I've never gotten to meet him, though. :(

That's really cool that you got to see him with his family. Makes him seem more 'regular.'

That's really cool that your uncle used to play with him!