PDA

View Full Version : Regent Fabric Selection Help

aodonnel
01-09-2008, 01:14 AM
Hi. I am going to replace my kids current Roundabouts with Regents. I have some questions on the fabric selections for these seats.

The Britax web site lists the Madison and Hunnington fabric as 100% nylon. It lists the Sahara and Onyx as the pattern portion 60% nylon/40% poly and the other portion 100% poly.

I have seen the Sahara pattern in person and it feels like the part where the kids legs rest on is (pattern portion) is like a track pant - not soft like cotton but more slick. (I don't have a good word to describe it - sorry!) The solid portion feels softer - similar to what I have on the RAs.

I live in AZ where the car can get really hot in the summer. I am concerned that the Sahara/Onyx pattern portion would be slippery/slick in the summer when the kids legs perspire on them. Their current RAs have a nice micro-suede like feel that I really like.

Can anyone comment on if the Madison and Hunnington fabric is more like my RA's micro-suede like feel or is it more like the pattern portion of the Onyx/Sahara pattern. I have not been able to see either one of those patterns in person.

Thanks!

Amy

katiesmommy
01-09-2008, 02:56 AM
Right, the Madison and Huntington are the plush covers, like most other Britax covers. I don't know how Sahara and Onyx would do in hot weather, but I don't personally like the way they feel either.

caleymama
01-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Right, the Madison and Huntington are the plush covers, like most other Britax covers. I don't know how Sahara and Onyx would do in hot weather, but I don't personally like the way they feel either.

:yeahthat: