PDA

View Full Version : Would you vacation with only one DC?

veronica
01-09-2008, 08:56 AM
DD is two and my husband and I would love to take her to Disney this summer when she will be 2 1/2 but DS will only be about 1 then and way too young. Would you just wait another year and take both, or if you had the option of leaving him with grandparents would you take just DD? I feel like it might be mean but I know that DD would love it and we would get vacation experience with only one DC so we would know what to expect next year.....

billysmommy
01-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I took Billy (4.5) to Disney in October and left Benjamin (1.5) with my parents. DH went down with us but had a class so it was just Billy and I win the parks ~ we had the most wonderful time. I was really sad about leaving Benjamin at home because I knew he would enjoy some parts of it but really the whole trip was so much easier (and honestly better) with just Billy. We are starting to plan another trip to Disney for May 2009 for their birthdays (Billy will be 6 and Benjamin will be 3)

Melanie
01-09-2008, 04:28 PM
I'd probably rather bring the grandparents (or babysitter, etc.) along and leave the younger child with them for a day of the trip so you can have some time with your older child and sometime with the younger one, too. Or just wait until they're both old enough. It's not like a 2 1/2 yo is going to die by not going to Disney. ;) Actually my 2 1/2 yo was terribly frightened by the characters when we took him for the first time.

tarabenet
01-09-2008, 04:36 PM
For a one-year-old, the whole world is like magic. The magic and fun of WDW wouldn't really register for him. He won't know or care what he's missing if you leave him with the grands. Meanwhile, he'll have one-on-one time with some more of the people who love him, DD will have special time with you, and all of you will enjoy things much more.

If you take him, there is extra work for you and a *lot* of extra stress for the little guy. This won't be the one and only chance to go to WDW. Take himalong on a later trip, when he is old enough to really soak it up.

And this comes from someone who loves WDW, with or without kids along!

SnuggleBuggles
01-09-2008, 04:41 PM
I think that a special solo trip with mom would be really nice and I would do it.

Beth