PDA

View Full Version : Toddler dry scalp?? Dandruff?

Emmas Mom
01-09-2008, 07:20 PM
I just noticed on our younger DD, who is almost two, that the top of her head is very dry & flaky. It's never been this way before so I'm not sure what to do. She's got her first double ear infection & it's really bad (so bad that they're sending us to an ENT tomorrow). She's on a couple antibiotics. Is it possible that has something to do with it?? Any ideas on what product(s) I can use for her scalp?

LarsMal
01-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Try some olive oil. It's cheap and handy!! I used it for both of my kids when they went through the dry/cradle-crap stage and it worked really well. Of course they probably had less hair than your DC so it might be a little harder to rinse out. I would rub it on their scalp before the bath and then rinse it out.

Good luck!

happy2bamom
01-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Our Dr. recommneded Selsen Blue (sp) for cradle cap. My DS last bought of dry scalp I used Arbonne baby shampoo and that took care of it. I've also had success using Aveeno baby wash (for maintenance). Good luck!

saschalicks
01-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Our doctor recommended Sebulex (for dandruff) when it was cradle cap for DS1. It worked wonders. We used it again for DS2 and it worked wonders. Recently DS2 had a bout of dandruff. After 2 days of Sebulex and it was gone. HTH

niccig
01-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Baby oil. DS is 3yo and i noticed a small patch of dryness, my mum said it was cradle cap. Rubbed baby oil into it and then used a brush to work it in. It was gone. But wash hair a few times. I only did it once and DS had greasy hair until the next night's bath.

anamika
01-09-2008, 11:40 PM
We use CA Baby Tea tree and lavender shampoo. It worked great on my DD's dry, itchy scalp.