PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo . . .The candidates and press finally left

trales
01-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I love New Hampshire, the politics are a lot of fun. But boy did I get tired of it this week. 17 calls yesterday asking me to vote, 3 knocks on the door, you get the picture. By the end of the day, I will admit to pretending I did not speak English when I answered the phone (no caller id here).

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy meeting the candidates, going to house parties, rallies, etc. But it will be nice to park downtown, near the library, go out to breakfast etc.

No one called me today. No opinion polls. No "are there any questions I can answer for you about candidate x." Or . "Tracey, it's Matt for the x campaign calling again, would you like to . . . "

or my personal favorite. . . "Tracey, we are having a rally for X in Manchester right now, come on over". "Sorry, I have a 9 month old." " We love babies, bring her along." "UMMMM . . it is 8:30 at night, she is in bed." "Well, maybe tomorrow night then, we will be in Concord at 8:00 to watch the results." "I'll think about it. (in my head- say anything to politely get the nice college boy off the phone)

happy2bamom
01-09-2008, 08:06 PM
I think that we are next, we live in Michigan. Can't wait!

Davids-Coco
01-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Wow. I can't imagine... no one comes here. Thank goodness you can fake not speaking english ;)