PDA

View Full Version : Please give me YOUR recommendation (5pt harness that converts to backless booste)

JGib
01-09-2008, 08:43 PM
I would like to get a 5 pt harness carseat that can convert to a backless booster. Do you guys have any recommendations? I was thinking of the Safeguard Go, but have seen some folks that don't like it because they say it is not comfortable and they don't feel it is as protective or safe in the 5 pt harness mode since it does not have the hard shell. I've also seen reviews of folks that love it. It is expensive, so I don't want to fork out the money for it if it is not as protective and comfortable as other options.

Please let me know...
Jody

JBaxter
01-12-2008, 08:39 PM
These are new and should be out by the end of Jan ( at wal-marts ) Graco Natulis 22-65 harnessed then converts to a belt positioning booster 30-100 OR a backless booster 40-100lbs

http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/product.aspx?modelNumber=8J00BRV&CategoryID=1

about $150

hellbennt
01-13-2008, 05:12 PM
I wonder how these work regarding height? could a child remain harnessed up until 65lbs or would they out grow it by height way before they could possibley reach 65lbs?

JBaxter
01-13-2008, 06:31 PM
the straps must be at or above the shoulder level in all FF seats except the radian The radian has been tested with shoulders up to 1 inch above the last slot level.

hellbennt
01-15-2008, 05:35 PM
what I meant was: like the marathon, are kids more likely to outgrow it by height before weight?

or, would they more likely outgrow it by weight & height: ds (4 & 1/2) is hovering near 40lbs and about to outgrow his plattinum cargo, but he's still good for height...he's fine in his marathon