PDA

View Full Version : Dieting Bitch

purpleeyes
01-09-2008, 10:53 PM
South Beach, Stage 1 + AF returns = cravings from hell.

Two of my least favorite things, together, yay!

GRRRR. Can I have a cookie?

JMS
01-10-2008, 09:52 AM
I've been dieting pretty steady for over 4 months now and the results make every sacrifice I made well worth it. With that said, there have definitely been days I splurged or just went off my diet for various reasons. My motto is eye of the tiger. Basically if I have a bad day (I happened to yesterday), the next day I'm right back at it. EYE OF THE TIGER! I tell myself that one day, or even two, will not ruin my diet and negate all my hard work.

Good luck.. you can do it but don't beat yourself up too much for little set backs.

purpleeyes
01-10-2008, 10:51 PM
You're totally right about the results and sacrifices! I did south beach with DC#1 and I looked great, better then I had in years! This time, tho, I have more to lose and I am impatient! I want to wear my cute jeans now. :)
Thanks for the reply-hope your dieting went well today. ;)

Beth

rachelh
01-10-2008, 10:59 PM
I actually posted a diet bitch of my own last week but it got lost when the server went down. Anyways...I have about 20 pounds to lose (DD is 19 months!) and have been dieting for close to a month now and dont think I lost a pound! I think that my metabolism just slowed down due the amount of calories I stopped eating. In any case, I really want to lose this before we start trying for #2 and actually look good for a few months.

Is South Beach the way to go? (someone has mentioned to me that I shoudl try that diet.)

Any advice?

Thanks!

purpleeyes
01-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I did South Beach with DS, and it was great. I remember it being hard on the strict phase one, but I don't remember it being as hard as it is now! :) I also felt like it was more effective last time, and quicker, but that was 3 years ago, so my body is older and I had more weight to lose this time (not too much more, but enough, I guess, to matter.) Anyway, I really do think it works, I just have to realize that it will take longer and a bit more work this time around ;)
But enough about me...the diet! It basically a more friendly version of the Adkins diet. The first two weeks you cut out all carbs and sugar ( and I do me all!) No juice, fruit, breads of any kind. You can eat veggies, lean protein, legumes, fish, cheese, water, and sugar free drinks (coffee with splenda, etc.). I am eating alot of tuna fish with a salad, almonds, cheese, eggs,. They say you lose about 8-13 lbs in this phase. Then you move to Phase 2 which is less restrictive and adds back some fruits and whole grains (oatmeal in the morning, etc.) Once you reach your goal weight, you live in the maintenance phase (3). I like it b/c you get good dramatic results right away, and you can eat pretty much whenever you want, as long as you are eating the right things. What I have learned this time around (2nd pregnancy, older body) is that I *have* to exercise. I was exercising the 1st time around before I started the diet and I was a lot stronger. This, I kind of started the diet and the exercising at the same time, so the results are different.

Yikes sorry that got long! Hope the info was helpful, let me know if you have any other questions. ;) Good luck!!