PDA

View Full Version : WDW in late Feb/March?

soccermom
01-09-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm planning our first trip to WDW for 2 1/2 DS and 5 mo DS and grandparents. Yes, they're young, but we need a vacation and Disney is as good a place as any ;) Since we won't be spending full days at the park given their ages, any suggestions on best places to stay? Esp. since this seems to be "peak season" (argh)? Ideally would have kitchen and laundry. Also, any suggestions with kids this young -- skip the park hopper tickets, etc.? In other words, what's realistic?? TIA!!

Neatfreak
01-10-2008, 02:35 AM
We went at the end of March last year, and stayed at the Boardwalk. It was more than we wanted to play, but we also booked rather last-minute, so our choice were the Boardwalk, the camp ground, or off-resort. I was glad that we stayed there, in the end, because it was awesome to have the ensuite laundry facilities and the fridge (we didn't cook, though we had a full kitchen. Even a dishwasher).

We were really glad that we had the park hopper. Around noon-ish, my kiddo (2.5 at the time) would conk out in her stroller after a morning at the Magic Kingdom, and DH and I would wander around Epcot while she dozed.

egoldber
01-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Thats a great time of year to go. Warm but not overwhelmingly hot and humid. If you can make all the trip in February, then that may push you out of peak season. With Spring Break/Easter being in March this year, mid March is going to be super busy.

Just FYI, the Boardwalk Villas (a DVC resort) have ensuite laundry and kitchen, but the Boardwalk Inn (really the same resort, it shares the same lobby) is a regular hotel. We love the Boardwalk though, its our favorite resort.

With smaller kids you may want to stay closer to the Magic Kingdom. Although then again since this will mainly be a trip to do what you want to do vs what the kids want to do, staying near Epcot is very appealing.

BeachBum
01-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Even if you are paying peak rates in Feb, I would suggest going then vs March. March is certainly spring break, whereas Feb isn't. Most people with school age kids will try to travel when they are not in school.

As for where to stay, I think the first big questions are 1) what's your budget and 2) do you need to be on property 3) will you have a rental car regardless?
Once you know that you can start to narrow down your choices.