PDA

View Full Version : Blue stain on onesie from Huggies

csnoop
01-10-2008, 12:38 AM
We started using size 3 Huggies from Costco about a month ago. The diaper gives DD a blue stain near the buttons on her onesie every time, even with different boxes. We did not have this problem with the size 1 or 2 diapers, all of which were purchased at Costco as well. The blue stain comes out with washing but is quite annoying. We are assuming that the blue stain is from the ink on the diaper. Anyone else had this experience? Any suggestion on what to do?

CC

jerigirl
01-10-2008, 09:05 PM
I used to notice this when the regular Huggies had Simba on the diapers. The image of Simba would leave tan/brownish stains on light clothes. They came out in the wash but still were annoying. Since Huggies has switched to Mickey and Minney images I haven't noticed the problem as much. Although I haven't been putting onesies on DS lately either. Wish I had more advice for you.

jeri

soccermom
01-17-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm having the same problem! It's really annoying, and if I think about it too hard I worry about the ink rubbing off on other parts. I wonder if I should switch?

csnoop
01-24-2008, 06:51 PM
I have used Pampers in the past but had quick a few instances of leaking. I have had a lot less leaking w/Huggies. The price for Huggies at Costco is substantially cheaper than anywhere else I have seen online or in store. I am thinking about switching to the Kirkland brand. From other threads, it seems like Kirkland ones are just like the Huggies... and hopefully, no stain.

clc053103
02-05-2008, 02:09 PM
I have the same problem with Huggies Supreme! It just started recently. The first time, I thought DS had a huge bruise! I haven't had the problem with the other Huggies.

JBaxter
02-05-2008, 02:25 PM
A year or so ago CPS was called on a family ( by the daycare) because they thought the little girl had bruising on her genitals. It was from the dyes in her pull ups. She was returned after 24hrs when they discovered it wasnt bruises but blue dye.

rebeccaravit
02-10-2008, 02:32 PM
I bought regular Huggies with Mickey and Minnie Mouse on them from Costco and they regularly leave stains on our white onesies. It happens overnight since he's in the diaper longer and it's often fuller.

octmom
02-11-2008, 05:11 PM
We use Huggies Supremes for DD and I have noticed that the green dye sometimes rubs off on her pajamas. Yet another reason I really wish someone would make a good sposie that was just PLAIN WHITE! :irked:

G'sMom
05-28-2008, 09:57 AM
I contacted Kimberley-Clark to tell them about the blue stains from my son's Huggies Supreme (size 5) and that our paediatrician was seriously concerned about the health effects of this dye. I was advised that they had received other complaints in the last month or two and as a result have changed their
dye process. Unfortunately they have not recalled the existing product
so it's still on the shelves. They offered me a refund for one
case (in lieu of the usual coupons companies will give you when you have
a defective product since I told them until they produced dye-free unbleached diapers I was switching brands).

Also told them my concerns about personal care products they make (www.cosmeticdatabase.com) and that I would not buy anything not ranked a 0 or 1 anymore.

The fellow I spoke to was unusually receptive (suggested that maybe they
could produce an alternative and then phase out the pretty ones over
time once consumers got used to the idea). He also gave the impression
that the company is becoming increasingly concerned about consumer views
about their products. So if you want to b*tch they may finally be listening (at the very least you should askthem for a refund, too!).

RE: Safer Diapers - A mom in my mommy group just told me out about Tushies and 7th Generation (both are dye and perfurme free), and 7th Gen is also bleach-free. Tushies doesn't have sodium polyacrylate (the absorbent gel), but 7th Gen does. Tushies tend to be a bit bulky as they don't rely on the sodium polyacrylate to make them absorbent. She prefers 7th Gen because there's more toxicity data regarding chlorine bleach than there is on sodium polyacrylate. There are also gDiapers, which are a cloth/disposable hybrid. They're not cheap, are bleached, and contain sodium polyacrylate, but I think they're dye free, and a bit easier on the environment than disposables.