PDA

View Full Version : Freakin' s*x of*ender

Wife_and_mommy
01-10-2008, 12:48 AM
There's one that I thought lived down the st. from me driving by at least 3 times this afternoon while we're playing out front. I look him up and find out he lives the next st. over so has no reason to be driving on our st so often.

Wondering what he could be thinking as he's looking at my kids is creeping me out *big* time. UUGGGHHHHH

ETA: Who smiles for a s.o. flyer pic? GROSS!

katydid1971
01-10-2008, 01:29 AM
I would call the police and ask them to do drive bys and that could be a violation of that creep's release. The police are there to protect you and your family. I don't know what to sat to make you feel better but I TOTALLY understand why you feel like you do. Hugs

DrSally
01-10-2008, 11:13 AM
That is creepy! I would be concerned too.

trales
01-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Start writing down every time you see him drive by, include license plate number and description of the car with the time and date of drive-by. The more details you have, the less likely the police are to ignore you and pretend it was random traffic. This could also help in terms of his probation terms and violations. A long list of dates and times is less likely to be ignored by the court.

Good luck, that is really creepy. Have you considered getting your neighbors involved to help keep a lookout for his car around your house?

elizabethkott
01-10-2008, 01:06 PM
ITA - you should totally start documenting his little "drive-bys". And absolutely inform your neighbors that a SO lives near by and has been seen repeatedly on your street.

ThreeofUs
01-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Oh, my. I would be totally freaked out by this, frankly.

ITA with documentation and asking neighbors to watch. I'd also call or visit your local police and tell them what's going on. Most police are more than willing to do a couple of extra drive-bys.

Have you considered putting motion-activitated lights around your house? On the extremely low chance this ... person ... is prowling about your house, lights are one good defense mechanism.

Eeee-yuck.

casey0729
01-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Yup, I would track all of that stuff. Take a good look at him to see what he is doing when he is driving by too. Taking pics, recording or things of the like. That would be a violation of his probation I'm sure.

I like the motion lights idea. We have them around our house too.

Good luck getting rid of this creep!

JoyNChrist
01-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Do you have a neighborhood watch program or something similar? If so, ask for their help in documenting how often he drives by your house, and the houses of others in the neighborhood who have children. An "official" group like that can pull more weight when talking to the police about a potential problem...it'll be easier to get something done if you have the group behind you and good documentation.

(My mom is a detective with our Sheriff's Department and the Neighborhood Watch coordinator. I'm the NW leader for my block.)

mytwosons
01-11-2008, 08:03 AM
I would actually document with a video recorder. Stand up and aim that camera right at his car when he drives by. I've got to think a momma bear obviously protecting her cubs is going to convince him to leave your kids alone.

Definitely contact the police, though!

Wife_and_mommy
01-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Ladies,

Thanks so much for the practical tips! I actually had my camera around my neck that day but didn't think to take his pic. Will do so in the future.

We don't have an organized neighborhood watch but the neighbors near me do watch out for each other so I'll start talking with them today.

I also started a list to document his drive bys.

I *think* the creep is (don't even know what to call, eww) in dd(omg, how gross!) and her window faces the backyard so I'm not too concerned about it. DS's window faces the front which does concern me. I have a really loud fan in his room when he sleeps so might have to curtail that at night. I was restless last night thinking about that.

kristac, we live on a corner so he has to stop. It's why I wasn't concerned until the other night when I looked him up and saw he doesn't live *on* my st. like I thought. He's making special trips.

Need to get dd to preschool but thanks a million!

eliasmom
01-11-2008, 06:42 PM
You've gotten lots of great advice. The only thing I would add is that I would definitely use the video camera (rather than taking photos) to document "extra long" stops given that you are on the corner and he could justify a brief stop, but not lingering. That would be more effective at capturing the fact that he's not just stopping like a normal driver, he's stopping and staring at your kids. Eeew, eeeew, eeeeew. I'm so sorry you have to worry about this.

Also, definitely talk about stranger danger with those kiddies and make sure that anyone who might be with him when you're not around knows about this guy.

KentuckyRK
01-19-2008, 12:24 AM
I know I'm WAY late on this one but I had forgotten my password last week when I first saw this. I just wanted to add to what everyone else has said (some great advice) that there are different types of sex offenders. Just because this creep keeps driving by your house while your out and staring... it doesn't mean he's staring at your kids. There's a difference between someone who commits a sex offense against an adult and a someone who is a child molester and one is not likely to become the other.

I point this out because I think that while it's VERY important you protect your children it's also extremely important that you protect YOURSELF!!! If you notice this guy anymore you should definitely report him, but you should be looking out for yourself as well as your children.

It should say on the website what type of sex offense he's committed (ie; it will say if it was against a child). This may be valuable information to know.

Just be careful.

elliput
01-19-2008, 11:56 AM
I agree that this person may be checking you out. Late last summer and early last fall a couple of women in my city were raped by the same man. His MO was to get between the mom and her child(ren) and threaten to harm them if she didn't do what he wanted. I just read in the news yesterday that a very similar incident happened in Florida (IIRC).