PDA

View Full Version : Old Navy Addit'l 50% off Clearance starts Friday

beccaneck
01-10-2008, 01:13 AM
I thought I would pass this along as I don't see any mention of it yet. Apparently YMMV, but Old Navy is supposed to be marking down all their clearance clothing an additional 50% on Friday. I shopped yesterday and found an entire summer and winter wardrobe for my DD20mo old. Most of the items were $3.75 so when I go back for the price adjustment Friday, they should be about $1.90 a piece - you can't find that good of deals at good will!!! In my experience, everything gets pretty picked over really quickly, so go now and confirm with an employee that they will do the price adjustment within 10 days, then take your receipt back to get the money back next week.

I know many people including myself that did really well at this sale last year, so hopefully it will help you out too!

Happy shopping!

urquie
01-10-2008, 03:11 AM
thank you, thank you!

scoop22
01-10-2008, 09:39 AM
thank you!! i hope this is at old navy as well. i was just thinking about coats/winter stuff for next year.. thank you!

eta: i just called my old navy and they had no clue what tomorrow would bring. did you hear this from the store? see a sign?? how did you find out. the nice lady did tell me to call back tomorrow so i don't know if they are just withholding info from me or what???? thanks

lellolicious
01-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks! DH was ordering a few things for himself at oldnavy.com on Sunday, so i threw a bunch of sale-priced kids thing onto his order. I'll have to check back online on friday and see if we get anything back!

brianaw
01-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Just my word of caution... I will personally wait until Friday because last time (like in Oct) the rumor came out of the additional 50% off and I bought TONS of stuff, but I guess Old Navy last minute cancelled the sale! It was a bummer, and to top it off I ended up keeping the stuff because I got too busy to return. This time,I am waiting for the sale to begin.

mommyx2
01-11-2008, 11:33 AM
I went into Old Navy last night and found a ton of stuff but was leary because of what happened last year. I purchased some things that the kids really needed but decided to wait until today to really shop. I just called Old Navy and they said the 50% off just started today and I could bring my receipt in for a price adjustment. I am going to go there right after work and I am sure I will purchase a ton of stuff! They had such a great inventory and I was really surprised!

I can't wait until 4pm today, actually I think I might end up sick and have to leave work early just to go shopping! lol

Peg
DS Benjamin 12/4/04
DD Katherine 6/1/06

Just my word of caution... I will personally wait until Friday because last time (like in Oct) the rumor came out of the additional 50% off and I bought TONS of stuff, but I guess Old Navy last minute cancelled the sale! It was a bummer, and to top it off I ended up keeping the stuff because I got too busy to return. This time,I am waiting for the sale to begin.

urquie
01-11-2008, 12:23 PM
i called my store yesterday and they said they're having the sale today (fri) :)

NewGrandma
01-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Mommyx2....when you went the other day was everything already 50% off and now it is an additional 50% off that ? When I went Wednesday everything was 50% off and I just want to make sure that it is now an additional 50% off the 50% off.
Thanks,
Linda

mommyx2
01-11-2008, 01:12 PM
NewGrandma...yes, when I went yesterday it was already 50% off and when I called this morning they said it is now (just started this morning) an additional 50% off from the prices marked yesterday.

I got DS pants that were $16.50 for only $7.99 and I can get $3.99 back today when I go in there. I did ask them when I called just to clarify it!

She said it did start this morning and will be going on for a while but I am sure their supply will go quick at those prices!

Good luck!

Peg
DS Benjamin 12/4/04
DD Katherine 6/1/06

Mommyx2....when you went the other day was everything already 50% off and now it is an additional 50% off that ? When I went Wednesday everything was 50% off and I just want to make sure that it is now an additional 50% off the 50% off.
Thanks,
Linda

NewGrandma
01-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks Peg! I spent $50 Wednesday so I will be going back this evening to get the difference and shop some more. Our store rarely, if ever have anything for my grandson that I like but they had a lot this time! And with an additional 50% off I can get play clothes that I don't have to LOVE!
Linda

mommyx2
01-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Your welcome NewGrandma!
That's exactly why I am going back in there today! My son desperately needs new jeans/cargo type pants for preschool and for only $4.00 a pair you can't go wrong. DD could use a few things too...hey I can always find cute little girly things for her even when she doesn't need it! It is the boys clothes that is hard to find!

Have fun shopping!

Peg
DS Benjamin 12/4/04
DD Katherine 6/1/06

Thanks Peg! I spent $50 Wednesday so I will be going back this evening to get the difference and shop some more. Our store rarely, if ever have anything for my grandson that I like but they had a lot this time! And with an additional 50% off I can get play clothes that I don't have to LOVE!
Linda

jvorhis
01-11-2008, 02:12 PM
They have tons of cheap stuff, I just got back. Got some coats for 7.50, summer dresses for Emma 4.50, you can't beat the prices.

lilhilly
01-11-2008, 03:24 PM
The ON nearest where I work was already pretty picked over, but I did get a few good deals (including winter coats for next year for DS and DD for $7 and $10, respectively). I might try another one tonight after the kiddos are in bed.

JTsMom
01-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Oooh- coats! You guys just talked me into checking it out.

kellybelly0513
01-11-2008, 04:11 PM
I just got back from Old Navy myself. My store in Michigan had tons and tons of clothes. I bought 5 huge bags of items. Most of it is for my daughter for next year. I got her tons of shirts, most of them were for $2 or $2.50 and also a few fleeces, a dress jacket and winter jacket for next year. I also scored a bunch of baby clothes for my little one coming this spring.

I even managed to get a few maternity items for myself. :)
The great deals totally made my day.

JBaxter
01-11-2008, 05:07 PM
2prs jeans - 16yr old
1pr jeans 3 tshirts - 13yr old
3pk boxer -dh
1 shirt - me
3 prs sweats 6 rugby style shirts 1pr cargo pants 1pr hiking boots, 1pr slippers and a soccer ball
$98 :)

lellolicious
01-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Awesome! I just got $19.50 credited back to our card from the order we placed last weekend. Of the 12 things we ordered, 6 went down in price, 4 stayed the same, and 2 of them (the denim cargo overalls and the puff sleeve bodysuit/onesie) actually went up! It was a fluke that we timed this as well as we did. Now i almost wish we'd bought more!

c914
01-11-2008, 05:46 PM
another Old Navy shopper here too. Bought $70 worth, including 2 winter coats for DS, a dress toggle coat and a red parka-style 8.49 each. Socks were 50 cents; Long sleeve todddler T's were 2.49. Box set PJ's for myself for 6.24. Great deals glad I could get in on the fun for once.

hellokitty
01-11-2008, 06:09 PM
I did well at our ON. I called them this morning to make sure that they were having the sale, and then I decided to wait until after 10:30am, b/c my DH would be home early from work and I wouldn't have to drag my two boys with me. Good thing, I didn't take them, my cart was overflowing! I did get some puffy items, so it looked worse than it really was (1 fleece robe for me, 1 coat for DH and 2 coats for the kids), stocked up on a ton of fleece pants for the boys, a lot of long sleeve shirts, a pr of shoes for my oldest DS, boxer shorts for me (I like to sleep in men's boxers in the summer), some pj pants/tops as well as some really cute fleece scarves that were only 99 cents, with that price I got a few to suit my fancy. :)

Our store have GOBS, and GOBS of girl stuff (typical), not that much boy stuff, but I think b/c I got there at the beginning of the sale I was still able to find what little boys XS and 4-5T stuff there was. The cashier and mgr who checked me out were impressed with my savings, lol! I do need to go back and return a shirt that I got that is too big. Oh, and if you are looking for sweaters, they are only about $8 now, nice time to stock up for yourself and for gifts for next yr!

beccaneck
01-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Just to update, I went this morning and all red tag clearance was an additional 50% off. And, I took my receipt from the purchases I made on Monday and they adjusted the price the addtl 50% without any questions. My purchase went from $190 to $91 no problem! I don't need to shop any more for the next year! Now, I just have to have control with the next great deal and remember that DD's wardrobe is fully stocked!
Happy shopping!

lilhilly
01-12-2008, 11:35 AM
I hit an ON near my home last night and got tons of great stuff -- then got a 10% survey coupon with my receipt so, um, I obviously had to hit another ON this morning. I walked away with 2 huge bags of stuff for $81! Amazing. I love this sale.

NewGrandma
01-12-2008, 12:30 PM
I went last night and bought clothes for 3 year old grandson for the next two years! I spent $100 and had four huge bags full. I even took my receipt for the $50 worth of items I purchased Wednesday and they credited my CC the $25 difference. I too got a 10% code. I won't be using it before it expires so if anyone wants the code to do an online purchase just let me know.
Linda

skohng
01-12-2008, 03:34 PM
toddler socks were $0.24 each!!!

1 sweater for DH
1 sweater for me
3 fleece pants for ds1
2 fleece pants for ds2
2 hoodies for ds's
1 fleece jacket for ds2
tons of socks
1 LS shirt for ds1
boxers for DH

all for $36!!! I need to go back and get that cute green peacoat for myself ;)

DrSally
01-12-2008, 04:12 PM
I called this morning to double check and then headed down there. I was so happy DS did a good job sitting in the cart. I usually let him walk with me in ON, but I was on a mission! I got 3 bags of clothes for him for next winter and maternity for me. $44 after a $20 price adjustment on receipt from 1/1. Too bad I didn't have my 10% off coupon with, but the prices were soo great. I got a maternity cute sweatshirt that was $17 on 1/1 for $2.49! kids socks were also .24 as pp mentioned. I almost bought a winter coat for DS, but it looked a little small and I wasn't quite crazy about it, so I skipped it.

tnrnchick74
01-13-2008, 10:51 AM
LOL! I hadn't seen this thread yet but BF & I were out yesterday and I saw the sign at the ON next door, so I went in. I'M GLAD WE FOUND OUT THE SEX ON THURSDAY!!!

I sprent $31 and got
-several cute outfits 0-3 months
-LOTS of stuff 3-6 months including blue jeans for $1.50
-TONS of outfits 6-12 months including a Halloween costume for $2

I'm not buying a lot of newborn 0-3 months stuff becausse I know people will buy these for the shower, but stocking up on the larger sizes! Some REALLY cute stuff!!!

mommyx2
01-13-2008, 02:42 PM
I went back again yesterday with my mom and I got a bunch more things!
2 fleece pullovers for my teenage neices
camo pants for my 9 yr old nephew
3 shirts for DD
2 pairs of sweatpants for DS
1 shirt for my nephew
10 pairs of socks for my children (.24 each!)
2 pairs of tights
1 pair of jean shorts for DS

all of that was only $29xx including tax!

My mom also bought a ton of stuff and only spent $27! She was very impressed (she just moved here from up north and had never been in an ON)!

Peg
DS Benjamin 12/4/04
DD Katherine 6/1/06

BTW...I was at ON on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and only spent $91xx on 6 huge bags of stuff including a reg $58 coat for DS. I am very happy and I could go back today because I should have picked up a couple things for my neice for her birthday but I am trying to resist! lol

mom2chloe
01-13-2008, 10:39 PM
My mom has been reading this board since I was preggo w/ DD (born 4/02). I FINALLY started reading and now I'm posting! Yeah!!

Thanks to seeing this on Thursday night I was able to hit FIVE, yes FIVE ON's on Friday... No less than 10 hat/glove sets... a just plain RIDICULOUS amount of clothing for myself, DD, a shower gift, Christmas gifts for next year - 8 FULL shopping bags in total for less than $100!!!!! Yes, I completed the on-line survey after one trip and got an additional 10% off one stop too!!!

I'm almost as happy as when I got my Dyson and $118 credit - thanks to these postings! Of course, my wallet would probably prefer I didn't find this heaven sent site!

Thanks to all who post and can't wait to share more what I find!:yay:

Twin Mom
01-17-2008, 01:56 AM
In case anyone hasn't been yet, the sale ends Thursday.

tracerx
01-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Thanks Twin Mom for posting the end date of the sale, was able to stop in one last time to grab a couple of more things. They still had so much left to choose from!

JTsMom
01-17-2008, 09:51 PM
I finally went today- my store was totally picked over. They never have much, so I don't know why I was surprised. I bought 2 pairs of socks. :cheerleader1:

Wife_and_mommy
01-18-2008, 12:28 AM
I dropped the kids with grandma and went Fri. I spent about $60 and got a ton of tops for my niece's bday as well as a few tops/couple dresses for dd and a pr/shoes and couple tops for ds and dh. The most spendy thing I bought cost $4 and there were only 3 of those.

Thanks for posting, OP!

Octobermommy
01-18-2008, 05:41 PM
The extra 50% off was still going on today at the Old Navy I went to. HTH!

ShellB
01-18-2008, 08:53 PM
mine too! got two bags loaded with clothes!

Twin Mom
01-20-2008, 07:30 PM
When I was in the store last week, they told me they thought the sale was going to be extended until tomorrow but I just called and it's continuing until Thursday 1/24.

ETD - no longer looking for item.

Happy Shopping!

LD92599
01-20-2008, 08:47 PM
I did pretty good today at the store in West Nyack, NY!

Twin Mom
01-24-2008, 08:52 PM
I was at ON returning some stuff I bought the first time I went and they told me the sale was extended until this Sunday and that it would probably be the final extension.

HTH.

1964pandora
01-25-2008, 07:34 AM
I went in ON yesterday, and they were bringing items on the floor to put in the sale. I got about 15 of the solid colored, sueded, long sleeved shirts in 6 different colors and 3 different sizes for $1.75 each. I use them as layering shirts under my boy's winter shirts and sweaters. We loooove those shirts!

WatchingThemGrow
01-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Has anyone else been amazed by the amount of shrinkage with the cotton sueded t-shirts? I used some 3T's for layering with my DD (20 mos) and after washing, they shrank right up to the size of a new Carter's 18 mo. shirt.

I guess we haven't had much Old Navy stuff in the past, but I find 2nd hand Gap stuff to be way too small for the size indicated. Should I expect the same for ON? Would it be unheard of to size up 2 sizes if my DS (now 2.5 mo.) is on the longer side and I want him to wear them next winter? It just seems crazy to buy 2-3T for my newborn to wear next winter. Any tips? Are the pants similar?

I'm going to feel really silly returning a huge amount of items for $1.74 each, but oh, well!

1964pandora
01-27-2008, 03:58 PM
^
Nope. Sorry to hear yours shrank so much! The ON sueded tees I've been purchasing for boys have held up beautifully, and have never shrunk more than a typical amount. I always dry all of my cotton on permanent press, though, never the super hot setting.