PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Outback

ens1117
01-10-2008, 09:37 PM
I know some have previously posted about this, but I'm wondering if anyone has anything new to add.

We have a FF Britax Marathon for our almost 4 yr old and just bought another Marathon (RF) for our 6 month old. We are both on the shorter side, but still the rear facing seat makes our front passenger seat practically unusable for anything other than a short trip in-town.

We'll probably move the RF Marathon to our other car, but does anyone have any seat recommendations for the Outback? Thanks.

daniele_ut
01-11-2008, 10:53 AM
We have an older Outback Sport with a pretty shallow backseat and I used a Roundabout when DS was RF and moved up from the infant seat. Unfortunately he outgrew it RF before I was ready to turn him FF, so I replaced it with a Marathon at that point. I found that I was able to install the Marathon pretty upright to give us a decent amount of legroom for the front passenger. You might try installing a bit more upright and see if your 6mo old can tolerate it that way.

With this baby coming, we finally acknowledged that the Subie isn't the best family car for us and now dh drives it almost full time. The infant seat takes up more room than the Marathon so it makes the passenger seat pretty uncomfortable.

pb&j
01-11-2008, 11:13 AM
We had an RF MA in the 07 Outback for over a year. DS wasn't an infant at that point, I installed it fairly upright, and that worked just fine. DH sat in the passenger seat in front of the MA for a 6 hr drive to see family, and didn't have any complaints.