PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with these people

lindauer72101
01-11-2008, 12:41 PM
I want to preface this and say that I normally don't comment on these types of subjects on message boards but I feel like I need to vent for my own therapy.

I am just sick by all of the recent reports of children dying at the hands of thier parents in recent months. It seems that every day there is a new report of a child that was abused and the abuse resulted in this child's death. These are innocent children that haven't hurt a soul had to die because some sensless adult couldn't control their emotions.

As a mom of two kids ages 3.5 yrs and 9 months, I understand that raising children can at times be the most frustrating thing you are doing. But, it is also the most rewarding. I can't imagine ever reaching the point where I would hit my children out of anger especially to the point of harming them. Do they test my patience and my nerves, of course, but that is all part of being a parent.

It just kills me to think that there are people out there that can't control themselves and instead of taking a deep breath choose to harm a child. In Indiana alone there have been at least three deaths of kids my DD age because a parent lost their cool in the last couple of months.

I guess I am writing this to just get this off my chest and say I can't understand why parents would do this. Nothing makes me happier than to see my kids each day after work. Yes, they may be asking for something or being demanding in some way, but their little smiles, hugs and kisses make whatever is troubling me go away. I would be lost without them.

I thank you all for letting me get a bit of my emotions into words on this board.

Thank you,
Angela

Britt
01-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I know exactly what you mean. It seems every time you turn around there's another horrible story out there. I saw an article yesterday that some woman got arrested for having 4 decomposing corpses in her apartment. They believe that they are her daughters (youngest 5 oldest 13) and have been there for at least 2 weeks. Stuff like this makes me want to be sick. I can't imagine anyone wanting to ever hurt another person, let alone a poor helpless child.

elizabethkott
01-11-2008, 06:22 PM
I understand that sometimes people really are going through something that requires help of a medical and psychological nature - PPD, bipolar, manic depression, etc. And I really, really hope that in many cases that we don't hear about, a family member or friend gets the person the help they need before it escalates into something horrific.
But it really does break my heart every time I hear about some tragedy involving a child and an adult who for whatever reason snapped and harmed the child. It really makes me sad. I can only hope for those people that they do finally get the help they need, and that the poor, sweet babies are at peace.

ThreeofUs
01-11-2008, 06:27 PM
ITA. I keep having to turn my face away from a news story, because I just can't bear hearing about another parent (or step-parent) who has mortally harmed their child/ren.

It pops into my head when DS does something and I kneel down with him to help him figure it out.

o_mom
01-11-2008, 06:45 PM
I know how you feel. I have some pretty strong emotions when my kids push my buttons, but I cannot fathom what they did to that little girl.

ADK
01-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Some people are simply inherently bad, whether on a DNA level or otherwise. I don't think any amount of counseling or therapy can change them. People who harm children just don't deserve to live.