PDA

View Full Version : Need a larger changing pad for my diaper bag

CharmedOne
01-11-2008, 02:09 PM
DS1 is not ready for PT yet. The traditional changing pads that come with my diaper bags are way too small for him. I need something that covers the entire length of his body when we're out in public. What is out there?

I've seen the Patemm pads online. I saw one in IRL at Target, but I don't like the shiny plastic. Do the ones sold directly from Patemm's online store have the same plasticy feel? Are they worth the expense? The prints are gorgeous though!

MommyMichelle07
01-11-2008, 07:03 PM
I don't have kids yet (we are TTC) but I read these boards so I'm prepared. ;)

Anyway, my cousin uses disposable pads made for placing under adults with her DD because they are lightweight and easy to clean up. If one gets messy she just tosses it. If not, she will fold it back up and reuse it again. Pretty sure she gets hers at CVS or Walgreens. They have the soft white absorbent side and blue plastic backing on the other. (This may sound strange, but I am using them for my puppy because they are much cheaper than housebreaking pads packaged for dogs.)

momtoonegirl
01-11-2008, 07:48 PM
DD is almost 2 and we have a jumbo changing pad that covers the entire length of her body on the changing table or wherever we change her.

Here is the link: http://www.jlchildress.com/index2.html It is the jumbo changing pad in the baby care section.

I think that I bought it at Target, but since it was almost 2 years ago, I am not entirely sure anymore :o

HTH :)

elliput
01-11-2008, 08:33 PM
I found a thick flannel receiving blanket folded in half made a great changing pad when I was out and about. Took up less space than a traditional pad in my bag and was easy to toss in the wash when I got home.

tylersmama
01-12-2008, 03:24 AM
I LOVE my Skip Hop Pronto mini-changer. It's a bit bulkier than your typical changing pad, but big enough that my 19 month old still fits on it. It's also really nice that I can just pull it out of the diaper bag and go to do the change without hauling the whole bag along since it has the diapers and wipes stored in it. http://www.skiphop.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SH&Category_Code=ACC&Product_Code=202000