PDA

View Full Version : Quick Help

kbud
01-11-2008, 02:19 PM
We are flying out tomorrow morning. We use a scenera for my dd to travel with. I knew she was getting close to outgrowing but thought we were good for a few more months. She'll be 4 on Mon and 37 lbs, 40 inches. Well I just put her in it to check the height (we used it a month ago and she was fine) but now her shoulders are just barely above the top slot. Am I ok to go ahead and use it for this trip or should I do something else quickly this afternoon? Thanks,

Kim

o_mom
01-11-2008, 02:37 PM
When you stick your fingers through the cover is she above the top of the top slot? The slot is about a quarter inch tall, so she may not be above the top of that slot. Also, install it in the car and buckle her in to check becuase sometimes what it looks like they are too tall in the house looks different in the car. If you decide you want to find something else, the Graco Cargo is narrow, lightweight and pretty easy to find, but it's around $80-100 and only goes to 40 lbs. The Apex is at BRU and goes to 65 lbs in the harness but requires a headrest. The Graco Nautilus is at some Walmarts, goes to 65 lbs, no headrest required, but I don't think anyone has taken it on an airplane yet and I might worry that it wouldn't fit.

kbud
01-11-2008, 02:52 PM
When you stick your fingers through the cover is she above the top of the top slot? The slot is about a quarter inch tall, so she may not be above the top of that slot. Also, install it in the car and buckle her in to check becuase sometimes what it looks like they are too tall in the house looks different in the car. If you decide you want to find something else, the Graco Cargo is narrow, lightweight and pretty easy to find, but it's around $80-100 and only goes to 40 lbs. The Apex is at BRU and goes to 65 lbs in the harness but requires a headrest. The Graco Nautilus is at some Walmarts, goes to 65 lbs, no headrest required, but I don't think anyone has taken it on an airplane yet and I might worry that it wouldn't fit.

Thanks. I just checked in the car and she is below it. That's odd that she looked too tall in the house. I didn't think she'd grown that much in a month. Ok, I'm not panicking anymore. Thanks again.

Kim