PDA

View Full Version : No period in 47 days...Neg HPT????

daisy1234
01-11-2008, 07:23 PM
HI Ladies....I am going crazy...MY husband had a vas. so I doubt I am pregnant. But I fell like my period is coming..crampy every few days since Dec 23...when I kinds expected my period. Anyway I tested on day 40?? and it was neg. I am still nursing my toddler but have been regular ever since I got AF over 1 year ago....now it is 47 days???? I am wondering if it just the holidays...Is it ok to skip a period once in awhile? I may just do one more HPT tomorrow in the am...but I don't feel pregnant...except for the cramps and my acne! Anyway...I never wanted my period to come so badly! What do you think? Should I make an appointment with my gyn? Which I have to find I new one since I have moved. Anyway....thanks!

ThreeofUs
01-11-2008, 07:35 PM
My period went crazy after DS's birth and during bf'ing. Turns out it was my thyroid.

If you have a GP, go see that person and have a bit of blood work done.

SnuggleBuggles
01-11-2008, 07:48 PM
I had the same problem last year but i was ttc and had had my IUD removed just a month prior. My pd just skipped a month. My cycles before ds1 were irregular but regular after so it wasn't totally abnormal for me. Wouldn't hurt to call!

Beth

tarabenet
01-11-2008, 09:29 PM
You've moved? Time to start building your new community! Find someone. From your brief description, this sounds like a sudden and significant change, and those kinds of things deserve your attention. It may be nothing, but it sounds likely there is an issue, and it is never worth piddling around about that. Go see someone. Either your mind will be eased (and really, don't you have enough to worry about day-to-day without this?) or your doc will find a problem and you'll be in a position to take action early.

MamaMolly
01-11-2008, 11:04 PM
What Tara said!

daisy1234
01-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Boy I have never been so happy! I finally got it! just several weeks late. Anyway...you are all right! I will be scheduling my yearly this week...it is about time to get in with a gyn in case I need to f/u on this ...thnaks!