PDA

View Full Version : Normal wear on the adjuster strap?

patricksmom
01-12-2008, 02:44 PM
We have a Britax Boulevard that we purchased in the spring of 2005. The adjuster strap (the one between the child's legs that you pull to tighten the straps) is really frayed on the sides.

Is this normal wear from going through the mechanism? Does anyone else have a problem with this? Did you have to get a new one?

TIA, Shannon

KAK22
01-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Both of our MAs did this. I called and they sent me ones for free initially since they were less than 1 year old. I just ordered and paid for new ones. The customer service reps say it's not "normal" if you always pull straight up. I do pull stright up and it still does it!

Joolsplus2
01-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Some fuzzing on the sides is ok... if it looks like the 'teeth' of the adjuster aren't gripping most of the adjuster strap tightly, then you should worry a lot (like if the strap is thinned and really frayed a lot). Try calling them, they may send you a new one free (or if you have to buy it, it's a couple dollars, but shipping is like 8.50...you might want to order some extra parts at the same time so you only have to do it once... fingers crossed they send you a free one, though).