PDA

View Full Version : Baby Catalog Not being Honest

Lindymagoo
01-12-2008, 04:49 PM
This is one of my first posts, but I have been lurking here for a few months. I hate for my first post to be a negative, but here goes.

Baby Catalog is a recommended website by BB and last weekend, when I saw an E-bay auction for a Britax Roundbout NIB, for $132.30, I knew it was a heck of a deal! The auction showed they had 11 available for purchase in the Lazy Days Grey pattern, and that is was a special 30% sale. Needless to say, myself and 10 others jumped on it. Within a few hours, all 11 were spoken for.

I got an E-mail from Baby Catalog a day or two later, saying they were unable to complete the transaction, and that the inventory adverstised was not available. Therefore, if I had already paid, the $$ would be refunded, or if I had not paid, I was not obligated to pay for it.

Interesting, because after I got their e-mail, I checked their actual web site, and lo and behold, they were still selling Lazy Days Grey Roundabouts for $179.00. Hmmmmm, inventory NOT available for $132.30, but it IS availabe for $179.00. As of today, they are showing no availabllity on this pattern.

They said there was an error in the auction software they were using, and that E-bay was looking into it. I am so ticked that they are not honoring the offer to sell these car seats at the advertised price. They adverstise themselves as authorized Britax dealers, so getting additional seats, even if a different pattern, should not be a problem. I think they should try to make this situation right, but they just say they don't have it, so too bad. No offer of a discount on a future purchase, or alternative seat, nothing.

I have not heard back from E-bay on this, and since Baby Catalog is a recommended site by BB, I just wanted to advise others that they may not always be totally honest in their sales practices. It has definitely left a bad tast in my mouth for using this company for future purchases.

Ok, I am done venting now.

Linda
Grammie to Dylan Thomas