PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrrrr POTTERY BARN!!!!!

elizabethkott
01-12-2008, 10:52 PM
We ordered a GREAT rug. It was backordered until 1/8/08. I just called customer service to see when I might expect my fantastic super new rug.
It's been further backordered until FEBRUARY FREAKIN' 18!!!!!!!!
No email notification of this.
No phone call.
No nothing.
WTF?! You would think that if there is a further delay, they would notify the customer and allow them some sort of recompense like free shipping or the chance to cancel the order. SOMETHING.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
I kind of need the rug so I can choose the wall color so I can PAINT during the end of January, so that the painting is done before the floors are done over my February break...
I am peeved.
Poo-tery Barn.
Humph.

GlindaGoodWitch
01-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Doesn't it just make you want to go into the store and spill a giant Big Gulp of orange soda all over the floor?

In addition to my offer of blowing up the PB shipping center, I also volunteer to prank call the service center in your honor.

Do you have a PB store near you or did you order from the catalog? Because if they have the rug in the store, I'd borrow the paint sample chips and try to match it there.

I can't believe they didn't even offer to waive the shipping. Cheap bastids.

caheinz
01-13-2008, 03:25 AM
I ordered something from Linens n Things on 12/29. It shipped on 1/2. As far as their limited tracking tells me, it's been in a town just across the state border since 1/5.

Tracking said it would be delivered 1/9, until 1/9. Then it said 1/11. On 1/10, it said 1/9 again. On 1/11, it changed to 1/14 (Monday).

By the way, I need it for a 9am class on Monday. Mail does not come before 9am. (Much less before I need to leave.)

So, I ordered it *again* for in-store pickup this morning. (Planning to return the shipped one.) Which I can't pick up until they send an email telling me I can. Guess what -- still no email. I'm guessing sometime next week.

I may end up going to the store tomorrow and buying a 3rd one, assuming they won't let me get the one I ordered without the email (and I could only choose store pick-up if it was actually in-stock!).

:32:

Is it so hard to run an online store as these two stores are making it out to be?

Hope you at least get your shipping waived! (Mine was free, but that's hardly a consolation at this point...)

amandabea
01-13-2008, 09:37 AM
i have a friend who had the same experience with Pottery Barn. Each time she would call they would just give her x% off and/or free shipping. There was at least one furniture item where they gave her free shipping and at least 30% off -- I think she must have called three different times and kept getting different ship by dates so they just kept telling her they would wave the shipping and since they already had they would then offer her 10% off. She wasn't trying to get the discounts, but they would just offer because she was so mad at them for not sending the stuff.

Also, she ordered several pieces of furniture, more than one of which came damaged, getting them to pick up the damaged stuff was even harder than getting them to ship it out in the first place. In the end, she did get what she wanted and saved literally thousands of dollars. One item that she tried to send back -- it had a glass top rather than a wood top as pictured/described so it couldn't hold the weight of their TV -- they never picked up...even after four phone calls and crediting her for the full amount. So she kept it and used the money to buy a new TV that could go on it.