PDA

View Full Version : I just want to cry.

GlindaGoodWitch
01-12-2008, 11:01 PM
My c-section is Thursday morning.

19 mo DD has a pretty severe cold since Monday.
Her grandma may or may not have the same cold.
Her grandpa has a different kind of cold/illness than grandma.
These are the only care takers local for while I'm in the hospital.

My in laws are coming in 2 weeks so I've been cleaning like a mad woman and the only thing keeping me sane was that I've only been letting DD play with toys that are easy to clean. (She still chews on everything in addition to being snotty/drooly.)

After my final hurrah at BRU today, I find that DH has let her play with an entire gallon sized ziplock bag of Little People. It took me HOURS to clean all of them the last time.

Oh. And did I mention that one of the upstairs toilet tanks is leaking?

elizabethkott
01-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Oh, (((((hugs))))).
Men are stupid (with the exception of BillK).
Hopefully everyone's sicknesses will clear up before Thursday.
Regarding the Little People: put them in the washing machine on gentle. I'm not even kidding. It worked for a friend of mine with some hand-me-down leggos. She put them in the wash with some bleach. After they had gone through the cycle, she put the machine on agitate with a couple of towels to dry them. Worked like a charm. :)
Good luck with the c-section!!!! Please keep us posted on that front!

GlindaGoodWitch
01-12-2008, 11:55 PM
OH.MY.GAWD.

Why didn't I think of the washing machine???

You are a genius and a life saver and hereby deemed my BBB prozac.

If I can blow up the Pottery Barn shipping center before Thursday for you, I'm pretty sure I can get away with the "pregnancy hormone" defense.

(Thank you very much!)

elizabethkott
01-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Glad to be of service, m'dear. As regards PB, I think I will call and have a hissy fit on a manager sometime tomorrow and demand free shipping. :)