PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Ice Cream flavor??

Corie
01-13-2008, 01:05 AM
I just discovered a new ice cream flavor and it is
so awesome!! Holy Cow!

Breyer's Caramel Pretzel

A close second is Breyer's Fried Ice Cream.

I'm gonna need some sweatpants!!

kijip
01-13-2008, 01:07 AM
Phish Food or Oatmeal Cookie. Both by Ben and Jerrys.

Britt
01-13-2008, 01:11 AM
Anything that's chocolate and has no nuts. If there's brownie bits, all the better.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-13-2008, 01:12 AM
pure,unadulterated,chocolate.

lizajane
01-13-2008, 01:18 AM
don't walk, run to buy some:

blue bunny brand "bunny tracks."

the light version is awesome. but the premium, full fat version will ruin you for LIFE. i have the sweatpants that PP mentioned to prove it!!!

Corie
01-13-2008, 01:20 AM
don't walk, run to buy some:

blue bunny brand "bunny tracks."

the light version is awesome. but the premium, full fat version will ruin you for LIFE. i have the sweatpants that PP mentioned to prove it!!!

Liza,

What's in it?

kcimato
01-13-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm not a big fan of ice cream but Godiva White Chocolate Raspberry isTDF!

Gena
01-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Mackinaw Island Fudge by Stroh's Ice Cream

vludmilla
01-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Wow, I've never heard of Breyer's fried ice cream, is it really a flavor or just something you make?

My favorite ice cream is Breyer's Vanilla Bean to which I add whichever of these suits my mood, strawberries, almonds pieces, walnuts, or even some fruit sauce (mango sauce from TJ's...)

I also really like Breyers Butter Almond but I feel less guilty eating the Vanilla Bean with some strawberry or nut topping.

amandabea
01-13-2008, 10:04 AM
I love too many of the Ben & Jerry's flavors -- Neopolitan Dynamite is probably tops on my list. It's a combination of half Cherry GArcia and half Fudge Brownie. Mmmmm, yummy!

Momof3Labs
01-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Just discovered Breyer's Coconut Pineapple - simply divine!

cleo27
01-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Why did I read this thread, lol! Glad we don't keep any ice cream in the house.

I think my favorite is Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby. Also, chocolate brownie is so good too!

SnuggleBuggles
01-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Not a big ice cream fan here but if I were choosing it would Baskin Robbins mint chocolate chip.

Beth

scoop22
01-13-2008, 12:34 PM
I LOVE ALMOST ALL ICE CREAM!!!

my favorite has to have chocolate....

chocolate peanut butter.. i don't really care what kind.

black raspberry is my favorite without chocolate.

time to get a spoon and dig in..

tarabenet
01-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Ben and Jerry's Creme Brulee is un.be.lievable! Very hard to find in pre-pack, but worth a trip to the B&J shop for a really special treat.

LD92599
01-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Chocolate Peanut Butter Yogurt - it says yogurt, so it's good for me, right? Otherwise in the grocery store it's the light turkey hill mint chocolate chip.

Otherwise for DH it's Haagen Daz Chocolate Chocolate Chip!

lizajane
01-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Liza,

What's in it?

vanilla ice cream with a fudge and peanut butter swirl with chocolate covered peanuts and peanut butter hunks. YUM.

ellies mom
01-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Ben and Jerry's Creme Brulee is un.be.lievable! Very hard to find in pre-pack, but worth a trip to the B&J shop for a really special treat.

My local stores have Creme Brulee so I have some in my freezer. Yummm. It is my favorite.

In my mind it makes up for never selling Ginger Snap on the West Coast and then discontinuing it. That was my childhood favorite.

new_mommy25
01-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Ben & Jerrys Half Baked

followed by

any Mint Chocolate Chip or Cookies and Cream

supercalifragilous
01-13-2008, 03:05 PM
HUGE fan of Thrifty's (now Rite Aid) rainbow sherbet. I don't know what it is but that special cylindrical Thrifty's scoop makes it all the better.

I think it's a CA thing though b/c we don't have it up here! When I went down for the holidays I was a regular fixture @ Rite Aid.

g-mama
01-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Someone asked about the Breyers Fried Ice Cream - it's an actual flavor. We have it right now. Dh picked it out and (luckily) I'm not a big fan. Anyway, it's cinnamon flavored ice cream with caramel and tostada chips in it. Sounds good, but I think it's the cinnamon ice cream that tastes odd to me.

I am a huge fan of the Breyers Heath Bar ice cream. LOVE IT.

Corie
01-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Wow, I've never heard of Breyer's fried ice cream, is it really a flavor or just something you make?

My favorite ice cream is Breyer's Vanilla Bean to which I add whichever of these suits my mood, strawberries, almonds pieces, walnuts, or even some fruit sauce (mango sauce from TJ's...)

I also really like Breyers Butter Almond but I feel less guilty eating the Vanilla Bean with some strawberry or nut topping.

Here is a link to the Breyer's ice cream website. The "Fried Ice Cream"
flavor is part of their Fun and Indulgent line. :)

http://www.breyers.com/products/product.cfm?u=77567-26402&b=1

mdb78
01-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Chocolate. Especially Chocolate with chocolate chip! mmm..

jerigirl
01-13-2008, 04:34 PM
When I am in Austin,TX, my all time favorite is Amy's Ice Cream Belgian Chocolate with strawberries mixed in. Unfortunately they don't have Amy's in Dallas. My next favorite is Dreyer's Girl Scouts Samoas Cookie ice cream. Samoas cookies crushed into vanilla ice cream with a caramel swirl. YUMMM!

ETA: Wanted to add that I have recently discovered Haagen Daz Mayan Chocolate. (dk choc with cinnamon). That with strawberries comes close to Amy's.

DrSally
01-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Mmmm, both sound good. I love old fashioned maple nut. I also like Ben and Jerry's mint chocolate chip, the mint is more subtle and very refreshing. When I used to live by Cincinnati, Grater's Raspberry chocolate chunk. I didn't know they made ice cream with girl scout Somoa cookies in it, those are my absolute favorite!

Tondi G
01-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Baskin Robbins Jamoca (coffee) with whipped cream on top! When I need a chocolate fix their World Class Chocolate is YUMMY!

Haagen Daas Coffee or Mint Chip

Cold Stone Mint Ice Cream with Brownies mixed in!

~Tondi

jerigirl
01-13-2008, 06:51 PM
The Girl Scout Cookie ice cream is seasonal- Sept thru Dec. They also have Thin Mint. They have had Tagalongs in the past but it isn't listed on the Dreyer's site anymore. (Can you tell I really enjoy this concept? Two wonderful things together- GS cookies and ice cream!)

bubbaray
01-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Breyer's Natural Vanilla. Hagen Daas Vanilla Bean. Tiger ice cream (orange and licorice).

Oh, heck. Really, any ice cream is good. Particularly full-fat ice cream.

OK, now I'm hungry!

thomma
01-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Anything chocolate with something to crunch into (choc chips, nuts, brownies). I'm not an icecream snob either...will eat any kind, any brand.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

overcome
01-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Maggie Moo's Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream with Mini Marshmallows mixed in...heaven!

Jen841
01-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Love it!

All time favorite of this former B&J's Scooper.

anamika
01-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Since you asked - coconut! There's this small icecream shop in Bombay which makes the most divine coconut icecream. My BIL introduced us (he's a bit of a foodie) and I think we went back almost everyday.
Just personally, I love the texture of Indian icecreams - much silkier and creamier.
I prefer to ignore the calorific implications. :)
Sadly I can't find anything close it here.

supercalifragilous
01-14-2008, 01:42 AM
Someone mentioned Austin TX and that reminded me of Blue Bell ice cream! I went to their creamery tour years before DD was born and will never forget that ice cream!! YUM! No wonder Bushie has it shipped to the White House!

crayonblue
01-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Ben & Jerry's Phish Food
Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy
Haagen Daaz Mayan Chocolate

I see no need to eat any other icecream than the three above! :)

Piglet
01-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Anything chocolate with nuts. I also adore Godiva Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, but can't get it in Canada.

sidmand
01-14-2008, 01:07 PM
We seriously used to eat ice cream almost every night for dessert. I was never a big bakery sweet person (cake and cookies do it for me once in awhile, but not often). My cousin came and counted how many half gallons of ice cream we had onhand and we literally had (we have a separate freezer!) 22 half gallons of ice cream!

Edy's Chocolate Chip--simple, but that one is probably my standby

Haagan Daaz Sticky Toffee Pudding (friends got us hooked on this one!)

Ben and Jerry's Phish Food

Friendly's Chocolate Peanut Butter or Hunka Chunka PB Fudge ice cream

But I seem to be lactose intolerant while pregnant and I haven't had (or wanted) ice cream in awhile. Granted it probably helps that it now makes me sick! It's probably helping keep my weight down at the moment, but I don't expect it to last forever!

tylersmama
01-14-2008, 01:08 PM
I can't get my two favorites here in Denver...#1: Homemade brand (United Dairy Farmers) Cookies n' Cream--the best cookies n' cream ice cream I've ever had. And #2: Graeter's Black Cherry. Since I can't get those, I settle for plain old Whole Foods Vanilla, which is pretty darn good and makes a yummy root beer float!

DrSally
01-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Since you asked - coconut! There's this small icecream shop in Bombay which makes the most divine coconut icecream. My BIL introduced us (he's a bit of a foodie) and I think we went back almost everyday.
Just personally, I love the texture of Indian icecreams - much silkier and creamier.
I prefer to ignore the calorific implications. :)
Sadly I can't find anything close it here.

Do you think gelato would be close? I haven't had Indian icecream in awhile, but I vaguely remember it being so rich, a few spoonfuls was enough to satisfy me.

nupe
01-14-2008, 03:11 PM
chocoholic chunk is so yummy.

And it gives DS a dk brown ice cream mustache!

Corie
01-14-2008, 04:29 PM
But I seem to be lactose intolerant while pregnant and I haven't had (or wanted) ice cream in awhile. Granted it probably helps that it now makes me sick! It's probably helping keep my weight down at the moment, but I don't expect it to last forever![/QUOTE]

I hope it doesn't last forever because I am expecting you, Sawyer,
and baby girl to come over for ice cream!! :)

Corie
01-14-2008, 04:31 PM
I can't get my two favorites here in Denver...#1: Homemade brand (United Dairy Farmers) Cookies n' Cream--the best cookies n' cream ice cream I've ever had. And #2: Graeter's Black Cherry. Since I can't get those, I settle for plain old Whole Foods Vanilla, which is pretty darn good and makes a yummy root beer float!

Gaye,
Whenever I go back to Cincinnati, I always go to Graeter's. Their
plain chocolate is delicious!
And UDF has the best malts ever! I love malts.

ilfaith
01-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Right now I'm hooked on Edy's French Silk...and it comes in their "light" version, so I can feel a little less guilty.

Usually I do perfer to buy pints rather than gallons...because if there is ice cream in my house I will eat it...a spoonful at a time...until it is gone...not in one sitting...but over the course of two or three days.

bunnisa
01-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Haagan Daaz Sticky Toffee Pudding

This is the #1 favorite in our house! We bought a few pints when it was available and put them in the chest freezer. I'm not a huge ice cream fan, but this is TDF!

Corie
01-14-2008, 11:10 PM
This is the #1 favorite in our house! We bought a few pints when it was available and put them in the chest freezer. I'm not a huge ice cream fan, but this is TDF!

I was going to try this! Is it no longer available??

tylersmama
01-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Ooh, that sounds really yummy... I love toffee!

Mirthful
01-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Current favorite is cherry garcia - I love the crunch of the chocolate pieces and the squish of the cherry pieces.

and to supercalifragilous - yum for reminding me of Blue Bell. I miss living in Texas where they sell Blue Bell by the quart in the supermarkets. My favorite used to be Key Lime Pie - they actually managed to get the lime and meringue and graham cracker crust flavors just right and into each bite. Yum!!!

tylersmama
01-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Bumping to say that I was in the grocery store last night, and what was looking out at me from the freezer but Haagen Daaz Sticky Toffee Pudding! So yes, Corie, it is still available!

Um, I might have bought a pint just to try it out. My willpower is strong though, and I haven't cracked it open yet! Or maybe it's just cuz I still had black forest cake to eat from the last time I had to go buy a dessert because the internet made me.

713abc
01-17-2008, 11:54 PM
I love B&J Phish Food already mentioned (I buy the light version). And love coffee ice cream.

Another great one not yet mentioned is Haagen Daz Caramel Cone, which I only recently discovered. It has caramel and bits of ice cream cone and is fab.

Next time i'm at the store i'm picking up the Toffee Pudding, that sounds awesome!

Robin

emmiem
01-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Breyer's Fried Ice Cream, Baskin Robbins Jamoca Almond Fudge, Bruster's Mocha Almond Fudge and Chocolate Turtle.

kochh2
01-19-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm an Ice cream freak as well..But my all time fave. is Reed's Ginger Ice cream... used to get in in our co-op, but only a few others liked it... OMG, IT is TDF IMO!! yumm....

Corie
01-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Another great one not yet mentioned is Haagen Daz Caramel Cone, which I only recently discovered. It has caramel and bits of ice cream cone and is fab.
Robin

This one sounds delicious!! I am adding it to my grocery list. :)

jerigirl
01-20-2008, 06:12 PM
DH came home from the grocery store yesterday with the Samoas ice cream!!!! It was on sale! YUMMY!!

sdoyle
01-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Found the BEST ice cream this week and had to share-- Extreme Cookies and Cream by Turkey Hill. It's chocolate ice cream with an Oreo "ribbon" and it's LIGHT! Good thing- I keep finding myself eating it from the container!!

Stacy

Corie
04-04-2008, 03:18 PM
I have not been able to find my Breyer's Caramel Pretzel ice cream.

So I emailed their customer service and this flavor has been discontinued.

My booty thanks them.

jerigirl
04-04-2008, 03:42 PM
I have not been able to find my Breyer's Caramel Pretzel ice cream.

So I emailed their customer service and this flavor has been discontinued.

My booty thanks them.

Bummer! That sounds yummy! That perfect combo of salty and sweet!

jeri

rlu
04-04-2008, 05:17 PM
from Baskin Robbins. Just had some yesterday thanks to DS's free scoop for his b-day. (Seriously, a tiny free scoop for him generates sales of a scoop for me and either a scoop or sundae for DH. - their marketing did good on the birthday club idea).

bluestar2
04-04-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't love ice cream

trales
04-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Any kind with mint, only in the summer, I remember Graters cinnamon ice cream in Cincinnati as being really good.

I hate chocolate ice cream.

MontrealMum
04-04-2008, 07:34 PM
I am still working off all the Hagen Dazs Strawberry that I ate while pregnant. At the time it stayed down, and I justified it by its calcium content (and all natural ingredients!). A little indulgent, but is it ever yummy!!! I am also a fan of Hudsonville Blue Moon but that is a local thing in Michigan and can't get it up here :(

caheinz
04-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Another Phish Food fan here.... yummmmm.

Haven't had any for a while... need to put it on the list!

ilfaith
04-04-2008, 11:11 PM
I just rediscovered one of my all time flavors...Hagen Dazs Honey Vanilla. I used to get this all the time as a kid at our local Hagen Dazs store. I just saw it a few days ago for the first time in cartons...it's called Honey Bee Vanilla or something similar. I justified buying it because I'd just had dental surgery and couldn't chew anything, and the cold felt good on my gums. I'm not sure what sort of excuse I can make for the next pint.

KBecks
04-05-2008, 06:50 AM
My current favorites are Edy's Girl Scout Cookie - Thin Mint (seasonal) and Edy's plain chocolate.

I also love Ben & Jerry's NY Super Fudge Chunk. Haven't had that in a long time though.

Puddy73
04-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Why do I read these threads? I LOVE ice cream, so it is hard to pick a favorite, but these are all great:

Breyer's mint chocolate chip
Leopold's tutti fruitti or peppermint
Blue Bunny Bunny Tracks (I blame Liza for this one)
any brand of Spumoni (its hard to find around here)

Melarina
04-05-2008, 09:01 PM
The cake batter flavor at Coldstone. In a shake with bits of yellow cake. Yummm.