PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have an undersink water filter?

SnuggleBuggles
01-13-2008, 05:01 PM
If so, what kind and do you like it? We replaced our faucet yesterday and the Brita filter doesn't fit on the new one. We are planning to get one of the under sink units and thought I'd check here for any feedback. Thanks!

Beth

DrSally
01-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Yes, we have the GE double stage (2 filters) carbon filter. I think it was around $50 and we really like it. It's nice to have the separate spout (we just replaced the soap hole with the water spout. You have to change it less often than an on spout filter too.

AngelaS
01-13-2008, 06:43 PM
We have a $30 one DH bought at Menards. You change the filter about every 6 months. :) It comes out the regular spigot as it's right on the cold water line.

niccig
01-13-2008, 06:54 PM
We have an Everpure 300. It filters out lead, volatile organic chemicals and others. It's one canister that gets changed about once a year if you have a separate faucet rather than the main faucet. You have to look for a good price, I saw some places that had it at 3x other places.
Here's one place to see it
http://www.superwater.com/h300.html

I got the plumber to install it as DH and I aren't handy enough. The plumber said it was a good system. I like it.

lizceppos
01-13-2008, 08:39 PM
We have an espring water filtration system and it is wonderful.
www.espring.com for information.
This filter doesn't only use carbon filtration like many of the other filters on the market - it also uses UV light to kill bacteria and viruses.
I refill bottles using filtered water for "on the go" and use filtered water for drinking, making juice, cooking, even for the dog's bowl. I noticed right away
that my water tastes and smells better. /lots of water scares out there so I didn't go for the cheapest filter- I went for a very high quality filter!