PDA

View Full Version : Cribs that convert to a TWIN?

SomeoneLikeYou
01-14-2008, 04:35 AM
Hi there :)

I would really love to find a crib that converts to a twin sized bed and NOT a full sized one. However, I've only found Baby's Dream's Ocean crib does this and it's $450!!! Yikes! I know that is a really nice crib but were hoping for some other options that are easier on our budget.

Any advice?

Thank you!

hellokitty
01-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Personally, I think you are better off just buying a less expensive crib and then spending your $ on a nice twin bed. They'll only be in the crib for less than 2 yrs, if that, they'll be in their twin for a much longer time. I really think that ppl go overboard getting a fancy crib. I have two cribs, b/c I had two kids close in age, and I like the $80 one better than the $230 one! I decided to use the $ I saved on not buying expensive nursery furniture to get really nice twin beds, dressers and nightstand for my kids instead. They both moved to twin beds when they were 2 yrs old.

babysophia
01-14-2008, 01:56 PM
I agree about buying a reasonably priced crib, then investing in a twin later. I have 2 DDs, 2 years apart. As the first was still in a crib when the second was born, I bought a second crib. Well, now the older is in a bed, and I have a $600 crib that is no longer in use. The second crib was similarly priced, and I regret that I didn't spend that money on a nice bed for DD1 instead. When everyone graduates to a "big kid" bed, I'll have $1200 of cribs and no babies to sleep in them! Waste of $$$$, big time.

Susan

MommyofAmaya
01-14-2008, 02:10 PM
I've been looking at the Baby Mod cribs, made by Million Dollar Baby, for Walmart after reading about them on this forum. They have quite a few highly rated (on their site) cribs that turn into a twin.

Let's see if this link works:
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&search_query=babymod+2&ic=24_0

Almost all of the cribs in this list convert to a twin.

Happy hunting.