PDA

View Full Version : My outlets are now all mommy proof

trales
01-14-2008, 01:55 PM
I bought those outlet covers that you push the two sides, hit the button on top and they are supposed to pop right out. The "claimed" to be easy to use. I was very excited, I have limited use and strength in my hands.

Now, I can't get them out of the outlets. DH suggested turning off the power last night and getting a hammer and chisel. Right now all my outlets are useless. It would be just my luck that 9 month old DD could get them out.

khm
01-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Have you seen this kind (http://www.babyage.com/products/s200w_kidco_kidco_decora_outlet_cover.htm?cp=nt942&utm_source=nt&utm_medium=Default&utm_campaign=942)? I think they'd be much easier for you. Mine are similar, but they kind of twist, I got them at Taget, "Parents" brand, I think. The prong holes in the cover are twisted to a 45 degree angle. To plug something in, you just insert the plug and twist to find the real plug in. When you unplug it snaps back to 45 degrees.

trales
01-14-2008, 03:08 PM
That is totally what I need, now if it would stop snowing I could go buy them. DH and I just have to figure out how to get the other ones out.

Thanks.

niccig
01-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Tracey - I have the same ones as you and they are such a PITA to take off. A couple don't have the cover on at all, which kind of defeats the purpose. I also have the ones that you remove everytime you use the outlet - it's a cap you push in. But they don't always get put back, thanks DH.

I also have a couple that khm posted about in DS's room, and they are much better. Reminds me to add more to my Target shopping list and replace all the outlet covers. DS doesn't play with the outlets, but I still like the idea of all of them being covered.

klwa
01-15-2008, 08:13 PM
I have those, too. DH has to take them out because I sure as heck can't figure them out. (As an engineer, you'd think a little thing like that wouldn't throw me for a loop every time!)

JBaxter
01-15-2008, 08:24 PM
I will send Nathan over when he was about 2 he removed 2 different types of outlet covers from the whole house. He was driving them around in the back of his tonka dump truck. The he used a wooden melissa & doug screw driver and a plastic knife. I just left them out. ;)

trales
01-16-2008, 10:40 AM
I will borrow Nathan. It's amazing how smart and creative these little ones are. We tend to forget it, and then they do something like that.

DH worked at the plugs for awhile and got them out. Now I just have to replace them.