PDA

View Full Version : DS1 has a job

JBaxter
01-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Why is this in the bitching post??

Cause its at a donut shop. He works 3 days a week 5-9 making the BEST YUMMIEST FRESHEST donuts on earth OH and we get them for $2 a dozen Do you know how hard it is to loose weight when you have a son handing you a warm glazed donut ( because he had just mastered the glazing machine)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will never loose these 15lbs :( :( :(

elizabethkott
01-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Could be worse.
He could work in a cupcake factory.
:)
But GOOD FOR HIM for having a job!!! Good parenting, mama! How long until you drop the bomb that since he has a job he gets to pay for his own car insurance? (just kidding - but it might make a good April Fools' joke!)

o_mom
01-14-2008, 11:01 PM
I worked in a donut shop in HS - it took me years to be able to eat a cold donut again.....mmmmm.....donuts.

gatorsmom
01-14-2008, 11:35 PM
mmm- better you than me. I feel sinful just thinking about a warm glazed donut right now.

kijip
01-15-2008, 12:59 AM
That really, really sucks. Too bad he is not selling newspapers or baby-sitting. No real possibility of eating the papers or the kids, LOL.

JBaxter
01-15-2008, 07:12 AM
Good parenting, mama! How long until you drop the bomb that since he has a job he gets to pay for his own car insurance? (just kidding - but it might make a good April Fools' joke!)

The car insurance is WHY he is working. He has his learners permit and a 99 Pasat w/125,000 miles on it sitting in my driveway. Hes pretty much and honor student & plays football so we are asking for 1/2 th car insurance.

JoyNChrist
01-15-2008, 07:08 PM
The car insurance is WHY he is working. He has his learners permit and a 99 Pasat w/125,000 miles on it sitting in my driveway. Hes pretty much and honor student & plays football so we are asking for 1/2 th car insurance.

What a mean mama! I remember how upset I was when I found out my parents expected me to pay my insurance.

(J/K, of course. :wink2: )

scoop22
01-15-2008, 08:08 PM
i hope he enjoys his job... i am now off to get donuts!! my mouth is watering as well!

Puddy73
01-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Jeana, I thought about you when I drove past KK today and saw the "Hot Donuts Now" sign on. Hope you are still enjoying the fruits of his labor!

elizabethkott
01-16-2008, 11:44 AM

See?! You're an even BETTER Mama!!!!!!
Way to teach responsibility! Too many kids in my classes think they deserve whatever they want because they exist. It'll be a harsh, harsh reality the day they are forced out of the house and have to, I don't know, pay gas, electric, water, rent, insurance bills AND taxes.
I applaud you!
:cheerleader1:

kcampbell
01-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Way to teach responsibility, my first job was at TCBY! I still have such fond memories of making my own sundaes, oh I mean money!