PDA

View Full Version : Convertible seat for 2dr Civic

wendibird22
01-15-2008, 09:40 AM
We are starting to plan for when DD outgrows her Snugride (tear). DH takes her to/from the sitter in his 2dr Civic. Any advice on what convertible seat will fit RF and will enable DH to lift her in/out of the seat without either of them smacking their head. Ideally, we'd like a seat that will last us longer than 40lbs FF.

ellies mom
01-15-2008, 01:32 PM
We have a 2-door Honda Civic and let me tell you, you are going to be in car seat hell. I think your best option is going to be a Roundabout. The chances of it fitting behind the driver's seat is pretty slim. I would try and do my best to get it in the center position. It is almost impossible to get to a RFing seat in the spot behind the passenger seat from that side of the car. So, you have to come in from the driver's side. Which is not only murder on the back climbing in and out with a small child (I've bumped my head a few times too) but a royal pain, at least in DH's year car. You know how the passenger seat slides forward when you lean it forward? Well, the driver's side usually doesn't. You have to move it forward at the front of the seat and lean it forward from the side and then readjust every after you are done. Luckily, DD almost never rides in DH's car because I can't imagine dealing with it multiple times a day.

If you can get the seat in the middle, it will be so much easier, because you can get to it from the passenger side and you won't have to climb so far in. That wasn't an option for us unfortunately because DH's legs are just too long.

Good Luck!!

Joolsplus2
01-15-2008, 02:09 PM
<nodding in agreement>...Roundabout isn't the cheapest, but it probably is the best. It should last till at least 18-24 months rearfacing, then till 3-4 forward facing, then you can look for something with a higher weight and taller slots at that point to keep kiddo harnessed longer (at least age 5-6)

:)