PDA

View Full Version : Backyardigans, Knights Special

alleyoop
01-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Is is me, or did the Backyardigan special rock? ;) If you missed it last night, I highly reccomend it.

mamicka
01-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Tivo'd it & the boys are watching it now - thanks for the review!

alleyoop
01-15-2008, 11:15 AM
You will have to tell me if you detect an overtone of classic Bowie, maybe a touch of Queen?

kdeunc
01-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Can someone tell me the title? I tried to find it on Tivo but only found Backyardigans episodes. My boys would love it! Thanks!!

ellies mom
01-15-2008, 01:02 PM
You will have to tell me if you detect an overtone of classic Bowie, maybe a touch of Queen?
Definitely Queen. I even commented to DH about it. I was only half listening and then only to part of it but I think I picked up some Who also.

Emmas Mom
01-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh how funny, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I wonder where Sheila (punkrockmama) is....cause I know she loves it too! ;) The title is "Tale of the Mighty Knights". My DH came home from work last night & I had it on downstairs (the girls were upstairs watching it). I was uploading some pictures online & I wouldn't let him change the channel. So he sat down & watched it too. lol It's funny cause for a few seconds I SWORE it was David Bowie singing the dragon's song! :ROTFLMAO:It was very cute. In fact, the girls are watching it again right now. We definitely love Backyardigans around here. :jammin:

Here it is:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=27500101

Emmas Mom
01-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Wow, here's some more info: the singer is Adam Pascal (Tony nominated star of Rent & Aida) & there's going to be a 50 city Backyardigans tour!!! They called this episode a "rock opera". The DVD comes out 2/26/08. Here's what I found:

http://www.li-kids.com/2008/01/11/backyardigans-premieres-knight/

Fairy
01-15-2008, 03:45 PM
It's DS's new favorite show. He hasn't seen Upside Down show for quite some time, now, and Dora & Diego seem to have fallen by the wayside, too. He now loves this show, and it's a hoot! Knights is on Tivo. Will be our evening show tomorrow night!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Ds and I watched it last night/this morning? He loves it. I do hear queen, dh hears shades of blue oyster cult,t.rex in the flying fairy, and early rush. But we're only half through so far.:jammin: