PDA

View Full Version : One day with 3.5 yo DD

kcampbell
01-15-2008, 11:23 AM
So I am thinking of taking DD to Orlando for one day in late Feb. Any suggestions? We will be staying outside of Orlando and just going for the day but I was thinking of just the Magic Kingdom. What should we not miss? Any advice would be great. We will probably spend the night with DH who is there for a conference and then go back to the in-laws for the rest of the time (since they will be keeping 21m DD). Thanks

bnme
01-15-2008, 08:26 PM
So I am thinking of taking DD to Orlando for one day in late Feb. Any suggestions? We will be staying outside of Orlando and just going for the day but I was thinking of just the Magic Kingdom. What should we not miss? Any advice would be great. We will probably spend the night with DH who is there for a conference and then go back to the in-laws for the rest of the time (since they will be keeping 21m DD). Thanks

Magic Kingdom is the right choice! I was just there in Dec and my 3.5yo DS loved:

-Spectro Magic Parade, this was a highlight of our trip. I will never forget their faces as the lighted floats first appeared in the street.
-Just about all the rides in Fantasy Land -Dumbo, Peter Pan, Small World etc.
-Pirates & Haunted Mansion! I thought he may be scared but he loved them.
-Goofy's Barnstormer, first 'real' roller coaster ride.
-My 3yo was not a huge fan of the characters (except a few odd times) but many kids love meeting all the characters. My older one does and was happy to wait in line to get a hug, picture, and autograph as often as he could.

Have fun!