PDA

View Full Version : Your mommy confessions

hellokitty
01-15-2008, 03:07 PM
I don't know if this has been done on this msg board or not, but it's been done on other msg boards I've been on and been big a hit and quite funny at times.

Here are my recent mommy confessions:

-While goofing off with the kids this morning, I actually bumped into my 4 yr old and he bumped his head into our footboard post. :( I felt really bad about it, but we had a good snuggle over it.

- In order to get my kids out of the library (we got for story time and then play with the toys in the children's section afterwards), I let each of them pick a video or dvd from the children's section. It has been the only way I could get them out of the library w/o melt downs and temper tantrums.

- Yesterday, the kids and I did not go anywhere (didn't feel like dealing with the snow), so we just stayed in our pj's all day.

- I'm so sick of setting up different train tracks for my kids and having them ruin it, that I have resorted to making very simple tracks for them... my DH has resorted to the same thing, the cool ones we build take too much brain power, lol.

- I'm not very good about brushing the kids' teeth in the morning (about 50% of the time), at least we always do it before bedtime.

- I should be doing laundry right now, but I'm procrastinating.

SnuggleBuggles
01-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Lots more but off the top of my head...

-I take advantage of the fact that ds can't tell time all the time. "Oh, I'm sorry. They're closed." or, "They're closing soon so it's time to go."

-Baths happen once a week here unless someone is really dirty. There. I said it. Sometimes 2 times a week. We were doing them every other day for a while but now that ds has to go to bed so early for school I hate to cut into what little time we all have together in the evening. Plus, his skin gets so dry in the winter that even good lotion doesn't help enough.

-On the weekends lately we haven't bothered changing out of PJs around here.

Beth

hellokitty
01-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Lots more but off the top of my head...

-I take advantage of the fact that ds can't tell time all the time. "Oh, I'm sorry. They're closed." or, "They're closing soon so it's time to go."

Lol, I do the same thing with my kids! I'm always telling my DH that when our kids learn how to read, we are screwed.

Oh, some other confessions off the top of my head...

-I have not shaved my legs for over a month, I noticed how hairy they looked last night and will need to shave them this afternoon, b/c I am planning on working out tonight at the rec center's aerobic class. Even though I'll be wearing exercise pants, I am paranoid that if we have to lie down and do ab exercises, my pants will roll up toward my knees and everyone will see my cave woman legs.

-I wait until my kids go to bed, and then I break out the yummy treats.

MamaMolly
01-15-2008, 04:08 PM
I bought a used child's potty for DD off of Craigslist. Hey, it's plastic. Bleach will kill the ickies.

I should be doing laundry or tidying up or exercising but I'm on BBB and watching TV.

I just spent $5 on one tiny measly pound of precut veggies at WF to serve at dinner tonight. I'm that lazy and uninspired.

And there are a lot more I'm too ashamed to put down! ;)

Fairy
01-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Oh, fine, I'll play.

* DS watches alot of TV. Maybe 1 hour a day during the week, and up to 3 or 4 hours a day on the weekend.

* On mornings that I just cannot wake up, DS watches VeggieTales in our bed (cuz they're on VHS, and the only VCR is in our room) for 1 whole tape, then if I'm really dragging badly, he sits on the one couch with a nutrigrain bar and milk and watches 2-4 additional shows on the Tivo or live Noggin, which depending on what they are, could be up to 2 more hours while I doze on the other couch. Cut me some slack, I usually only get 4 - 6 hours sleep a night.

* DS refuses to potty train. And I'm letting him call the shots cuz I'm worried I'll give him toilet anxiety. He's 3.5 in March.

* DS doesn't have a comforter set yet cuz the one I really want isn't made by Company Kids anymore, and I will not yield.

* I spend several hundred dollars a year on my hair and feet, but I still don't make regular trips to Whole Foods cuz it's pricey . . .

SnuggleBuggles
01-15-2008, 05:07 PM
* DS refuses to potty train. And I'm letting him call the shots cuz I'm worried I'll give him toilet anxiety. He's 3.5 in March.

IMO, that is totally the way to go. The whole family wound up in tears over a failed week of pt'ing at 3.5yo. We gave up and a few months later (yes, months) ds just decided he was ready. That very day he started using the potty and hasn't ever had an accident. I'll totally take pt'ing in less than a day even if it means it's a bit on the late side. :)

Beth

happy2bamom
01-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Thank you for this thread. I've been having a rough couple of days and I needed to hear that I am not the only mommy who isn't perfect! Here we go:

My kids are lucky if their teeth get brushed twice a week. (Yet, somehow the dentist always compliments me on their home care)

My kids eat fast food at least once a week.

I let them watch TV while they eat breakfast so that I can have a few minutes to myself.

I used candy as a bribe to get my DS potty trained. Now everytime he poops he expects candy.

I usually make my kids a different dinner from what DH and I eat, b/c we are on a diet and are eating low fat chicken and fish and they prefer chicken nuggets or hot dogs with their veggies.

Jen841
01-15-2008, 05:15 PM
I could not survive without TV from 6am to 7am

I will put on the TV 1-2 times a week so #2 will eat (picky eatter, but will eat if watching TV)

#2 goes to bed without dinner a lot (refuses to eat) and I refuse to cave and feed him Mac & Cheese (used the last in case of emergency box and refuse to buy more)

One is on the verge of a cold, and at daycare

DH is traveling, so dinner out the next 2 nights

Lots of laundry at our house, I get it clean, but folding and putting away is my weak point (won't load their drawers when they are sleeping, so it becomes a weekend job)

My kids eat the same meals over and over, the joy of leftovers

I will feed the kids leftovers, and then serve DH and I something good from Super Suppers once the kids are in bed

kcampbell
01-15-2008, 05:28 PM
My kids get bribes all the time to finish their dinner!

Happy 2B mommy
01-15-2008, 05:40 PM
I'll play

- Since DD turned one, I've gone from "no t.v." to "fine, video, DVD, Seasame Street, whatever." She even danced along to Dancing with the Stars because I am an addict to the show and the VCR is broken.

- DD has eaten the same thing for breakfast every day since she's started real food (Oatmeal with wild blueberries and applesauce) I hate cooking in the morning and just can't come up with anything else. And it's sticky enough she can feed it to herself with a spoon without making a mess. I sit huddled over my coffee.

- Bath is only 2 times a week. Hair is washed only once a week.

- I pretend I don't see her put the cat food in her mouth. I just take the cat dish away. The last time I tried fishing kibble of her mouth she cried and howled and BIT.

Kerri

Happy to be mommy to
DD 11/06

Fairy
01-15-2008, 05:44 PM
I'll play

I pretend I don't see her put the cat food in her mouth ... The last time I tried fishing kibble of her mouth ...

I am lauging almost uncontrolably, this has struck me so funny. I'm in my cube, and cracking up, and prairie dogging to see who is turning around to glare at me.

hellokitty
01-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Oh, I have more to confess...

- At home if food drops onto the floor, we usually don't have problems with the kids eating it (we don't wear shoes in our house).

- I do not want to have huge birthday parties with kids and parents at my house, b/c I am anal about my house and ppl messing it up?

- I hate wearing a bra, one of the first things I do when I get home and change out of my bra, and I also usually change into yoga or pj pants, lol.

- My kids watch tv too for up to an hr in the morning when I am so tired I can't drag myself out of bed?

- Our 2 yr old got a hold of pen and drew on the wall next to the fish tank, my DH and I agree that we are not re-painting until our kids are older and know it isn't ok to draw on the wall. I guess that's our way to rationalize our laziness.

- We sometimes bribe our kids with a, "special treat" to get them to eat their dinner as well. I remember specifically telling my DH I would NEVER do that, but look at me (us) now, lol.

wencit
01-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Disclaimer: I am usually pretty good about making sure DS gets a well-balanced meal, 3x/day.

HOWEVER

Today did not happen to be one of those days. I couldn't bring myself to make him a balanced lunch, and I was really, REALLY craving one (gotta love PMS), so....

DS and I both had ramen for lunch.

RAMEN! No nutritional value whatsoever, loaded with fat and MSG and all sorts of stuff I don't want to think about.

Sigh. The guilt is killing me. Does it make it worse or better that DS was scarfing it down like it was the best thing he ever tasted? :o

kijip
01-15-2008, 06:02 PM
I was sick of Toby not eating vegetables and sick of feeding him bites. Now "dessert" is vegetable consumption dependent. Dessert is often only bread with jam or baked fruit but if he will eat his peppers, broccoli and potatoes only out of motivation for some jam, whatever. I suppose I am giving him a food issue, but for the love of #*$(@#(##@! not eating any vegetables is just NOT an option. Last night we served fish, the above listed veggies and bread for dinner. Boy can not live by fish and bread alone, but with the new system, he ate the freaking veggies.

g-mama
01-15-2008, 06:12 PM
I suppose I am giving him a food issue, but for the love of #*$(@#(##@! not eating any vegetables is just NOT an option.

It's not? Daggone, I must have missed that memo.

There's my guilty mommy confession: My kids eat no veggies. If a veggie is diced up tiny (like in those flavored rice-a-roni packets) they will painstakingly pick each one out. Up til age 18 months or so, they'll eat the veggies, but then it stops cold turkey.

gatorsmom
01-15-2008, 06:22 PM
ooh- I love these threads. fun fun. Ok, let me think-

I dropped the 2 month-old's pacifier at the indoor playground yesterday so I cleaned it with hand sanitizer and rinsed it off with Sunny Delight. I figured that would be cleaner than my spit.

I just polished off 2 large boxes of Crunch and Munch.

Gator and Cha cha watch tv every morning for about 1 or more so I can sleep in.

I've started putting the twins to sleep on their stomachs during morning nap time so I can get stuff done.

Gator and Cha Cha brush their teeth at night but never in the morning.

Gator and Cha Cha average one bath per week. That is the only time they get their hairbrushed.

I'm not even sure I can tell you where the children's hairbrush is.

I get my groceries delivered, my husband takes his clothes to be laundered and I have a nanny come to help with the 4 and 2 year olds every day but I rarely talk about all the help I have so I can still whine about how hard my life is.

I feel a little better now...

lisams
01-15-2008, 06:28 PM
There are days I miss having just one child and being able to give her my undivided attention and go on fun outings just the two of us. Of course I love DS and can't imagine my life without him which leads to confession #2:

Somedays I can't help but compare DS to DD (in my head of course). DS is so easy, lovable, sweet, happy, easy going. When DD was a baby she was very serious, emotional, and somedays I was very jealous of those moms with "easy" babies. Well, DS is that "easy" baby. I feel very bad for thinking about how I'm so glad he isn't like DD.

Today while DD was at school I went through her stuffed animals and cleared out about half of them to donate (the ones she hasn't played with in a while). I just know that in a day or so she'll ask where one of the ones I got rid of went and I'll say "Hmmm, I don't know."

I ate DD's chocolate chip cookie from Panda the other night (she had forgotten about it, and it was just sitting there on the counter after she went to bed. Zero self control. This is why we do not keep sweets in the house!

JoyNChrist
01-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Ooh, love these!

- Last night, after Avery pooped, I told DH that I'd already changed two poopy diapers that morning so that he would change him. In reality, that was the first time DS pooped all day. (I'm sorry, but now that he's eating solids those diapers are icky.)

- I let Avery eat Cheerios that he finds on the floor (I vaccuum once a day, so they have to be less than a day old, so what's the harm?).

- DS and I spend all day in our pajamas at least once a week.

- I still use the baby as an excuse when I don't want to go to family functions ("he's not feeling well", "he didn't sleep much last night", etc).

- Last night I ate 4 of those Cadburry Ornament Eggs from Christmas. About two hours later, I was so sick to my stomach that I threw up. How mature am I, seriously?!

spanannie
01-15-2008, 07:12 PM
DD hasn't eaten a vegetable since she was on baby food . . . she's 3.5.

Well, she eats corn, but I don't count corn as a veggie. I've gotten to where I don't even try with her anymore, since I don't want to hear her freak out over the veggies being on her plate!

o.

There's my guilty mommy confession: My kids eat no veggies.

sidmand
01-15-2008, 07:18 PM
DS watches more TV than DH(!) would like. Sometimes it's probably a few hours/day!! Okay, I probably care a bit too, but not as much as DH. I'm a TV-holic and ALWAYS have the TV on. I hardly ever watch it (I'm usually reading, or doing something else, I have to multitask). Sometimes it's just SO much easier to say "yes" to another Jay Jay than deal with the fallout from saying "no." I know I should stand up and be the mommy, but...

I often give DS snacks instead of meals. DS is a very very picky eater. Our New Year's resolution is to get DS to eat some new (healthy!) foods, but until then, much of his diet consists of Cheerios, Scooby snacks, graham crackers, toast, some kind of chip (albeit veggie!), freeze-dried strawberries, dried peas, V8 Fusion juice, milk, and yogurt. Lately his favorite expression has been "chicky/fries" (which is all one word) and I think it's good when he expands to eating chicken nuggets and fries...which we give him at least once a week on our way home from school when we stop at Burger King.

If DS finds something on the floor and eats it...well, the five-HOUR rule is alive and well in our house. Sometimes it's probably the five-DAY rule!

I have many many more I'm sure!

bisous
01-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Okay I'll play!

But before I start I have to confess that DS LOVES vegetables. I mean he loves them. My mom told him on New Years Day she'd gotten him a treat and he says, "Did you get me a vegetable tray?" Yep she did. Oh and he ate 75 grape tomatoes last Tuesday. 75--I know because I have to count the carbs that he eats and that's how many he ate!! I just can't take credit for this though. He was born that way whereas his mama was born loving cookies and chocolate, lol.

DS eats off the floor often. I've stopped apologizing when my DS does it in front of other people. I have to count carbs and it is just too annoying to try to subtract all the cheerios that fall on the floor from my total. DS sometimes seems to prefer his food there. I used to joke that if I just tossed a balanced dinner under the table that DS would have the perfect diet because he'd just eat it all up.

We have a weekly pajama day. I'm not ashamed of that, though, and sometimes I even shower and dress my hair and face and then put the jammies back on. I think it is fun. We invite visitors to join us in their jammies on Wednesdays. I'm so not looking forward to daily school and the end of our jammie days!

I'm not happy with the amount of TV that DS watches. Honestly, it is usually around 2 hours per day. One hour in the morning and one in the late afternoon. I am working on this along with many other things. I find it particularly distasteful because DS is battling Diabetes and possibly ADHD and BOTH disorders have published studies about the detriments of too much television watching. If it helps he doesn't watch any on weekends. I just cannot get anything done while DS is awake unless he is "plugged in". How sad. I vow to cut our television watching way back by springtime!

I hate going to the park. DS would be very well served with a daily trip to the park at the very least. I think it is more like 3 times a week in reality. If nobody else is there I find it very boring and if there are other children then I have to watch DS like a hawk to make sure that he is respectful of other's space.

Finally, DS2 sleeps with a blanket. He is one week shy of 6 mos. old. DS1 didn't get a blanket until he was over 1 year old. But DS2 needs to sleep and the blanket is the trick.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-15-2008, 10:03 PM
I am lauging almost uncontrolably, this has struck me so funny. I'm in my cube, and cracking up, and prairie dogging to see who is turning around to glare at me.

Oh, Fairy, Now you have me LOL! Around this house prairie dogging has a whole nother meaning...

LarsMal
01-15-2008, 10:26 PM
I dropped the 2 month-old's pacifier at the indoor playground yesterday so I cleaned it with hand sanitizer and rinsed it off with Sunny Delight. I figured that would be cleaner than my spit.

BWHAHAHA! I'm laughing and nodding along with a lot of these, but this one had me LOL! Too fun! And the twins are 2 months already- crazy!

Okay, here are some of mine:
- If it can't be cleaned with a Clorox wipe, it doesn't get clean. So, my kitchen floor hasn't been mopped in at least a month and DD eats off it all the time.

- I shouldn't be surprised that both of my kids are coming down with colds considering the places they drop their pacifiers (especially on the floor in stores) and I just pick them up, brush them off, and hand them back.

- My 2.5 yo, who is in speech therapy once a week still uses a paci. I know, BAD MOMMY, but the whining is SO much worse than not being able to talk. I'll take it away...someday!

- Tyson's chicken nuggets are a staple. Sometimes I serve them for lunch and dinner, and then DH and I eat something healthy and yummy. But I DO buy the "all white meat" strips. That counts for something, right?!

- DS never watched TV before his first b-day. Now he watches about an hour a day, and DD (1) watches right along side him.

- Aside from one cabinet lock and some outlet plugs, we haven't "babyproofed" our house. We think the kids need to learn the word "no". Yeah, we're just lazy!

- I spend entirely too much time on the BBB while my kids play/fight/scream/cause trouble around me

hmmm...that's all for now!

Fairy
01-16-2008, 12:46 AM
After reading and cackling, I came up with more:

* I, too,. hate the park. I hate it. That's DH's job. But in the summer, when DH isn't home, and we need to get out, and it's a shame to waste a beautiful day in the mall, and I have little excuse, I go. But me no likey.

* I let DS leave the house in his monkey costume from 2006's Halloween. It's adorable, it's warm, it's too short on him now, but he loves it, and that tail is to die for. DH isn't a fan of me allowing this, but in fact, I look forawrd to days we can go to the mall or the store, and DS is in his monkey costume, proud and excited.

* DS spends all day in his jammies at least once a week.

* On days I work at home, I sometimes go to bed in a comfy lounging outfit, wake up, take DS to daycare, come home, work, go get him, spend time at home, eat, do the night time stuff, go to bed, wake up the next day ... all in the same outfit. Today was not one of them. Tomorrow, tho . . .

purpleeyes
01-16-2008, 01:07 AM
This is fun! Here's mine:

DS *still* eats baby food. I mean pureed, jarred baby food. Every morning we have baby cereal, pureed fruit, and wheat germ. Perhaps when his sister starts solids in a few months, we'll stop, but I doubt it. I'm not fighting it.

Speaking of not fighting it, he calls me "Beth" all the time. People think I"m crazy, I think its cute and independent.

Recently, I HATE pretend. EVERYTHING is a &*()(*& firetruck or spaceship, the couch, the bed, the car. ARGH! I don't want to blast off into space right now, I want to eat my lunch in peace.

Veggies? Try purred rice and lentil and veggie beef pilaf from earth's best. I'm gonna feed it to him until he doesn't want it any more.

PJ's? On Monday, he didn't want to change, I said cool. Clean underwear is good enough for me. PJs are warm!!

Can't wait to read some more!

Kyras mom
01-16-2008, 02:52 AM
Sometimes I snack on things I don't want dd to eat while hiding behind the pantry cabinet door.

DD watches 1 hour of TV most mornings when I'm home, then usually a movie in the evening when DH is with her.

I have used candy bribes to instantly get cooperation from a grumpy kid when in a rush.

DD gets a bath once a week.

I haven't mopped the floor for a long, long time (probably greater than a year). BUT I vacuum daily (and spot wipe as needed). We have ceramic tile in entire house and shoes come off at the door 75% of the time.

trales
01-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Okay, here goes.

DD only gets a bath once a week

I have been know to let the dogs clean up baby spit up and other things from the floor and look the other way

I have found DD sucking on the dogs food bowl. Gross, I know.

Even with dogs, we have a 5 hour + rule for dropped items.

The dogs occasionally pick up her toys or lick her toys, I don't always rinse or wash them.

I figure the kid will have a great immune system. (Hiding my head now)

SnuggleBuggles
01-16-2008, 11:02 AM
I have been nodding along with so many of these!! This thread has been great!

I wanted to add that I also hate the playground. It is so boring.

And, I can not get into playing pretend. It makes me sad though.

Beth

ilfaith
01-16-2008, 11:06 AM
My confessions...

Sometimes, at the end of the day, rather than washing out empty sippy cups I'll put them in the fridge and just refill them in the morning.

My children watch way too much TV. Fact is, the television is generally on as background in the house all day long, even if nobody's paying attention. However, they will watch, with rapt attention, anything on the Disney channel. I think they'd watch Meet The Press if the Mickey logo was in the bottom left corner.

I always seem to let my kids' fingernails gorw far too long.

purpleeyes
01-16-2008, 11:57 AM
And, I can not get into playing pretend. It makes me sad though.

This is exactly how I feel!! From an intellectual perspective, I know, and I believe that pretend play is the best and it does make me really happy that DS loves to do it and has such a creative imagination. But from 7 am to 7 pm, 12 hours of fire departement is a little much, you know? Yesterday I put my foot down and said the furniture is not a toy! And he said, Mommy, I know, but I'm PRETENDING it is.
Argh.

Beth

Emmas Mom
01-16-2008, 12:59 PM
I love threads like these, they make me feel like I'm not the only Mom with bad habits out there.

~I think by far my worst is that we too usually have the TV on all day long. I don't like the quiet. Not that the girls watch it but yeah, they do watch way too much TV. I work at home & sometimes I NEED some time to make a few phone calls so the evil TV is my babysitter once in awhile. Hey, at least they like Dora & Diego & are learning Spanish! Our little DD counted to five in Spanish the other day, on her own, I was so proud. lol

~Another "bad" one was that little DD just quit using her bottle (water only) for naps & bedtime. And that was only because she got her first ear infection. It's be a nightmare without it because she has no way to soothe herself & bedtime has become an hour - two hour process. We're trying to work through it though. I haven't given it back to her so I'm glad of that.

~If the house gets vacuumed once a month I'd be shocked. I mean we have a dustbuster & one of those carpet vacs for quick clean ups but I so hate chores. Dusting....yeah, can't remember the last time I did that, probably before we had company. I guess that was just last month but who knows before that.

~Ketchup is a veggie right?

Jen841
01-16-2008, 01:48 PM
To get out of the house without a breakfast mess and to a Dr appt for me...
"If you get your coats and shoes on now I will go through the Dunkin Donuts drive thru" In addition to keeping a clean kitchen, there was not a meltdown with my 2 year old at daycare.

I was good, just coffee for me. I resisted temptation.

californiagirl
01-16-2008, 01:55 PM
DD says "It's still good, right?" when she drops things on the floor. (Because she has recently learned that, surprise! Some places when you drop things, you can't still eat them! Unlike our kitchen.)

Every Sunday morning, almost without fail, for breakfast she eats a biscotto (which is, you know, Italian for "cookie") with milk at a coffee house while I sip coffee, read my paper, and basically ignore her. Even better, if we time it right, somebody else who employs a version of this trick arrives, and his small child insists that he reads stories to both of them (no, really, his kid actively insists, won't even let me do it, desperately wants my kid to come listen). What a deal! A whole extra section of the New York Times! Then we go to the farmer's market, where I buy her a sweet pepper or a carrot or whatever when she asks and everybody oohs about how well my child eats -- look, a preschooler, eating a vegetable! Uh, yeah, and let's not talk about the cookie and the honey stick, OK?

The fourth time my small child threw up the last time she was sick, she looked up at me, tears in her eyes from dry-heaving, and said bravely "My tummy hurts, but at least this time I didn't throw up on you." Because yes! After she threw up all over me the first time, I made her promise to try not to throw up on me before I slept with her that night.

anamika
01-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Ummm, is it bad that my 3 yo asscociates my cleaning with company coming? (where's the paperbag smilie?)
I was cleaning a big mess the other day and my 3 yo kept asking, "Mommy, who's coming?" I didn't get it the first couple of times and then finally I realized that the only time I've done major cleaning is before we have a playdate or guests! Thankfully, this happens often enough that we're not living in a complete pigsty!

elektra
01-16-2008, 03:52 PM
My carpet is disgusting. I do have a cleaning lady come every two weeks, but I have 2 dogs, one of which eats all kinds of things she shouldn't, and she barfs on the carpet every few months or so. I clean it up as best I can, but it's still gross. The dogs also run in and out of the house and track who knows what all over the carpet, beds, etc. I try to lay quilts down for DD but she rolls all around and I end up just trying to ignore what may be lurking in the carpet that I can't see.

TV- I really wish we watched less TV. I read that it's bad to have it on in the background, but we do that quite often and it makes me feel so guilty!

I procrastinate- The BBB add to that problem, big time!

I judge- Now that I have been educated on car seat safety, I feel like I have this eagle eye, ready and waiting to "catch" people who have kids forward facing or who are too big for their seats. However, I never actually say anything to these people. Or if I see a child well over age 1 with a pacifier or bottle I sort of do a "tsk tsk" in my head. But who am I to judge? Afterall, my baby is only 10 months so that could be me down the road!
I feel like my energy should really be directed to more positive things.

I have 5 strollers- One for every day of the week, my parents say. But they really do have such different functionalities!

I pay full price- Yes I know that you can get discounts on HA or elsewhere if you just wait, but sometimes I just gotta have that full priced item, KWIM? I am getting better with coupons at the grocery store and CVS though.

I neglect my dogs- Now that I have DD, I don't always have time to take my dogs for a walk. Does anyone else have this problem?

Davids-Coco
01-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Ok, fine... just don't tell my husband...

~I leave DS in his crib for 15 minutes or so after he wakes from his nap. Its been as much as 30-40 though. Sometimes I'm not ready for my "break" to be over.

~I'm not worried all the time about everything. *gasp* no. My parents don't agree with this. I am an only and severely overprotected.

~Food stuff? Yup. I do it. Same with the pacifiers. We aren't so worried about the germs anymore. He's gonna get sick one way or another.

~I neglect myself. I only shower every other day. I only get out of pj pants if we are going out. Same with DS. I wear nursing tanks every day - and only change them every couple of days. I do change my nursing pads every day.

~I judge. I can't believe some of the car seat bloopers out there. I can't believe that someone could say such nasty things to me about a c/s or ask about my story... and then say something like - there is no way that would ever happen to me because I would "just" push the baby out. Yea, that easy... 5 letter explicative for female dog. So yea, I judge.

~I'm not sure if my 16 mo old is still nursing 5x a day because of him or me. But he will "self wean", as in when he fights a feeding enough it may be dropped. :lol: