PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't they call me?

SnuggleBuggles
01-15-2008, 05:17 PM
This was my first attempt at taking ds2 to the babysitting at the gym. I scheduled it a few days back and reserved my spot. When I made my reservation they had me leave my phone number. Well, I pack up ds and go to they gym. I walk into babysitting and the sitter says that she can't take my son! I ask why and she said that the 2nd sitter called in sick and she couldn't take any more kids. What the heck is the point of leaving my phone number if no one was going to call me if they were going to frickin' cancel on me??? I could cut them a bit of slack if ds had been scheduled first thing in the am and the sitter called off then. But, my time was for hours later. There is no reason for them not to have informed me.

I told all this to the sitter but she is just a cog in the machine. I need to go to the supervisor but I first have to figure out who that is.

I was extra emotional today and almost cried about this for some reason. I practically stormed out of the baby sitting room but that's because I didn't want to cry there. Totally not cry worthy. Love those pp hormones. :)

I was about to leave w/o getting a workout but it dawned on me that I could walk the indoor track with ds. I decided if anyone gave me a hard time I would explain the situation with a glare in my eye and a "don't mess with me" tone in my voice. No one cared at all. All I got were compliments on the baby. I managed to at least walk/ jog for 30 minutes so it's better than nothing.

I have been going to this gym for years. Ds1 used the babysitting service (same sitter) for 3 years and this is the first time it happened. So annoying.

Beth

hellokitty
01-15-2008, 05:54 PM
That IS annoying. I agree that it was unprofessional of them not to at least call you. I mean, you go out of the way to make a reservation, IN ORDER TO TRY TO BE ORGANIZED, and instead you go through a huge inconvenience. I hope that you talk to the supervisor and let him/her know that in the future, you hope that things like this will be handled more professionally.