PDA

View Full Version : Rear Facing Britax Blvd - Help!

DuckDuckMomma
01-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi. I managed to get the Boulevard installed rear facing....BUT....am I supposed to use the top teether too? If it increases the safety. I would like to...but even with the manual, I can't figure out where I would attach it to on the bottom of my car (Toyota Highlander). Also, the manual is a little confusing about what angle is best (baby is 8 months and 20 lbs)
Thanks!!!!

Joolsplus2
01-15-2008, 07:04 PM
This page should help you find a good place to top tether... http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/isakswings/ratetherrf.html (though DO the Swedish style, preferebly to a place behind or on the front vehicle seats... vaguely in the direction the Britax manual indicates)
A little more upright than 45 is fine (does your seat have that line on it that says 'this line should be level to the ground'?, it can be a little more upright than that if baby wants to sit up more or you need more legroom upfront... the headwings should keep her head from tipping too far to the side when naptime strikes...)

Mommy Of A Little Angel
01-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Hey I have the same car seat and the same car. All you need to do it look under either the driver or passengers seat. There are little plastic cap things that cover the metal track. You can easily pull them off. Then, wrap the d-ring around the metal part and secure the tether to the d-ring. Hope that helps!