PDA

View Full Version : Buyers remorse

LarsMal
01-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Grrr...I hate that photo places make you pick your prints before you leave the store! I took DD to JCPenny for her 1 year photo today. A) I shouldn't have gone b/c she's not feeling 100% and B) DS was a total BRAT and wouldn't cooperate. Luckily I went in with low expectations from him, he is 2.5 after all!

I'm looking at my little thumbnail prints right now regretting what I picked. I know DH is going to come home, too, and tell me he would've picked different ones. Of course, then I'll tell him he can take them next time, and that will end that discussion!

I just need to put the picture page away and not look at it anymore and be happy with what I picked. If only I had just gotten that ONE other one....

tylersmama
01-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Maybe the one you wish you had picked will be part of the extra ones they send to try and sell you...seems like that happens to me every time. I hate having to pick them on the spot!

elephantmeg
01-16-2008, 01:50 PM
I totally feel the same way about DS's pics I had taken before x-mas. Oh well.... And pics with him at not quite 2 were a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SnuggleBuggles
01-16-2008, 06:59 PM
They don't let you revise your ordero online? Or at least buy some of the other prints online?

Hats off to you for taking them for pics! I remember my mom and I taking ds in for pics around 2.5 and even my mom, someone who hardly ever drinks, was dying for a beer when all was said and done. :)

I hope you can get the pics you want.

Beth

KrisM
01-16-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't go to places like that anymore because I always regretted my decision. The last time was for DD's 3 month and it was a nightmare. After getting through the photos with her and DS I just wanted to leave! I didn't need to sit for anothe 15 minutes picking out a photo and ordering.

I go to My Photographer now. They're more expensive overall, but I tell them outright that I'll glance at the photos to make surew we got what we wanted and I'll look at them online and call in my order. Never been a problem.

MamaC
01-16-2008, 10:59 PM
We go to KiddieKandids at BRU (though they do have a few stand-alone locations). Sittings are free, they let you book 2 sittings back-to-back if you have multiple subjects or outfits (hello, Easter photos!), and you don't have to buy anything if you don't want to. Usually, we just get one page for $16.95 and look at the rest online. The benefit to online orders is that you can edit the photos/choose borders etc yourself, they're almost always cheaper and you can make montages with photos from different sittings (you can't do that in the store). I've been to 2 diff locations, always get good photos and the people are super-nice.

LarsMal
01-17-2008, 12:10 AM
They don't let you revise your ordero online? Or at least buy some of the other prints online?

Hats off to you for taking them for pics! I remember my mom and I taking ds in for pics around 2.5 and even my mom, someone who hardly ever drinks, was dying for a beer when all was said and done. :)

I hope you can get the pics you want.

Beth

You can order them online, but you have to pay $5 just to get them to send them to you, and then they charge you even more to buy them online vs buying them during your sitting. It's such a rip-off, I refuse to do it.

Luckily we went when they first opened, so the kids actually played with some of the props while I looked at photos. I'm trying not to get grossed out by how dirty they probably were! They both have colds anyway, so they just added to the germs!! I don't think I'll be taking them for photos again- by myself- for a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time.

ha98ed14
01-17-2008, 12:41 PM
I just wanted to put in a plug for a placed called The Picture People. I have used them twice aqnd love them because there are no sitting fees, so you could walk away and buy nothing if you don't like the way they turn out and because you can buy online for the same price as in store. So, I recommend them.