PDA

View Full Version : a bunch of random things - long

rachelh
01-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Just a bunch of random stuff...some big, some small but just need to get it out - especially those things I cant talk to friends or family about. I know it will be really long so I am honestly not even expecting responses – just need to get it out.

Hmmm where to start...from small to big I guess

1) I had to call the preschool where DD will hopefully be going next year yesterday evening about registration. I know it sounds crazy I'm only a day late - but most people already registered (siblings of kids in the program get precedence) and there were only 3 spots left when I spoke to the director last week but she needed to wait until the 15th because that was the deadline for parents with kids already to get it by and then there were all the moms like me who were supposed to call in the evening and yeah I forgot because there was a lot going on. I guess I will wait for later this afternoon when the program is over.

2) My weight - I was really watching myself for about a month and I didnt lose a thing. I just bought the South Breach diet book and started yesterday and was starving - and no pasta, bread, rice, or potatoes for kinda like as long as I want to maintain my weight?!?! How will I ever manage that!? I really need to lose 15-20 pounds and I want to actually look good for a few months before we try for #2.

3) I have been out of a job for close to 6 months...I was in mortgages and making the primary income around here. My company wanted to look at it as a leave of absence since they really wanted me but just didnt have the money to pay so they were hoping that after a few months they would have a job for me again. That obviously didnt happen but I was enjoying being a SAHM - it was my little vacation. But now unemployment is ending (like in 2 weeks) and I have been looking for close to two months now but there is nothing out there! I only have experience in mortgages and I really dont want to start in a new industry with a starting salary again - it wouldnt be worth it for me to work after I pay a sitter and transportation costs - but we need extra income. My biggest gripe though is that I have sent my resume in response to help wanted ads - I had all the qualifications/experience they were looking for and I just dont get called for interviews! Its so ironic when I was at my job and thinking about leaving because of the travel time, stress etc - I had a few interviews a week - ultimately I decided not to leave but now not to even get one interview! I really need to find something by the end of the month.

4) This story is so long and theres so much history of which 75% of it I cant say - dont want to give to many details. Basically DH's father started a new business and somehow my husband got caught up in it. From day one when I heard that his father was doing this I asked DH not to get involved - not because of anything illegal or anything just because his father does not have luck with business or money. It always turns into some drama and he is left in debt and he burnt all his bridges. So basically it happened again and my husband was involved. He put his job on the line for this and we had to give collateral that the deal would work out. Last night we are meeting with the investors and they claim that they lost money on the deal and they tell us they are not giving the collateral back to us. I honestly dont know who is right and who isnt - things go wrong in business all the time but we were not involved in the finacial aspect at all - why are we taking the hit for his father or the investors? (Side point: We have taken the hit for his father in regard to money already and I don’t think I would be pushing it if I said close to $6,000 – and that’s money we don’t have! That is just for a whole other post though.)

So we are sitting with one of the investors last night and he tells us this. Before I knew it the paramedics had to be called because my husband was so weak and stressed from the whole thing. When the medics are asking me for his info and asks me "whats todays date? the 15th?" I was like "crap - forgot to call the preschool for DD!"

DH was okay but we are both so stressed, tired, drained…We got home at 1 AM. I literally did not sleep the whole night. The house looks like it was hit by a tornado and have no patience or energy to clean but I really don’t want DH coming home to this after work…just procrastinating…

MamaMolly
01-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Hugs! It seems like you have a lot on your shoulders right now. I've been there and it is so hard when you are in the thick of it. It WILL get better in time, and you will be a stronger/better person for it. But right now you and your DH are under a lot of pressure.

Try really hard not to do the 'I told you so" thing to DH. I think the fact he had a medical issue when he found out about the $$$ shows that he knows he F#*&$*d up. Rubbing it in won't help. Kindness will. My DH has stomach issues that flare up when his stress gets too high. I have had to really try to not participate in adding to his stress at these times. It is hard for me because this is when he's usually on my nerves! ;) Tell him you guys have to consider it a lesson learned and NOT get into $$$ issues with FIL (like the two of you are a team, and the two of you learned the lesson, and the two of you will get through it, and never do it again.)

I'm sending you BBB mojo filled good vibes that your job and financial issues are resolved quickly...and I hope I don't offend you with an offer to say a prayer for your family.

I've been there and it isn't fun, but I promise you can get through this.

Do you know the poet Shel Silverstein? He has this great poem about a little girl who says she's going to eat a whale. And she does, one bite at a time. So treat this situation as your whale and don't try to gobble it all up in one meal. You've got to eat it one bite at a time!

Hugs!