PDA

View Full Version : Wii Games for a 4.5 yr old? Recs?

mik8
01-16-2008, 05:14 PM
In laws suprisingly gave a Wii. Any suggestions on games for a 4.5 years old? Thank you!

deannanb
01-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Here is a link to all of the games
http://www.nintendo.com/games/guide?start=1&oord=asc&osort=title&sort=&cmd=&toggle=true&query=&tf=&cf=&sf=Wii&ef=&rf=&pf=&mf=&af=&vf=&nf=

There is a game called Carnival and Playground that I think are younger-kid friendly.

DS 3 likes to play Mario Party 8 - I don't think he understands it - and thinks he wins every time.... but he has fun!

Before you go out and buy games, Blockbuster has a good selection of games that you could rent and try before you buy them.

mik8
01-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Here is a link to all of the games
http://www.nintendo.com/games/guide?start=1&oord=asc&osort=title&sort=&cmd=&toggle=true&query=&tf=&cf=&sf=Wii&ef=&rf=&pf=&mf=&af=&vf=&nf=

There is a game called Carnival and Playground that I think are younger-kid friendly.

DS 3 likes to play Mario Party 8 - I don't think he understands it - and thinks he wins every time.... but he has fun!

Before you go out and buy games, Blockbuster has a good selection of games that you could rent and try before you buy them.

Thank you for the suggestions! That's a wonderful idea about renting first at Blockbuster considering the price of the Wii games.

Twin Mom
01-16-2008, 10:59 PM
One of my friends did the rental thing at Blockbuster and it made more sense to do the unlimited rentals for a month than renting individual games. Price it out to be sure.

My kids like Wii Sports and also play the Wii Play games (buy it with the remote so you'll have 2 remotes) and the price is better. My friend ended up buying her 5 and 7 year old Big Brain Academy and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics which her kids really like. I actually have them both but haven't opened them yet. We have the Cars game (the old one) and my kids like it but don't play it as often as Wii Sports and Wii Play.

HTH.

kijip
01-17-2008, 02:32 AM
My 4 and 1/2 year old son loves Mario Party 8. Loves it. :)

mik8
01-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Thank you all! Will try to rent out the games suggested. At least your recs narrowed down my choices since there are too many games out there and having this Wii at a spur moment really didn't prepare me for any research on age appropriateness.