PDA

View Full Version : DH, I am not psychic

niccig
01-17-2008, 01:00 AM
DH, If you don't use your words, I won't know what you are thinking.

Eg. yes you said twice that I should start dinner, but unless you tell me that your blood sugar is crashing, I won't know about it. Don't get angry at me for thinking I have the normal amount of time to cook. And telling me that you only ask about dinner when you have low blood sugar does not mean I know that your blood sugar is currently low!

Guess who is now driving to In-n-Out because he couldn't wait?.

It drives me bonkers, he always leaves some important information out of the sentence that I'm magically supposed to know. Our 3 yo uses better words at times.

ellies mom
01-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Wait, what is my husband doing at your house? I know exactly how you feel and I use that exact quote all the time too. Well, that along with, "What is my voice on mute?"

casey0729
01-17-2008, 03:20 PM
At least your DH finishes a sentence. Mine has developed this annoying habit of trailing off ...........

I think I should tell him to use his words just like I say to DS.

Maybe they all belong to a secret "Drive the wife nuts club".

ellies mom
01-17-2008, 05:23 PM
At least your DH finishes a sentence. Mine has developed this annoying habit of trailing off ...........

I think I should tell him to use his words just like I say to DS.

Maybe they all belong to a secret "Drive the wife nuts club".

I tell DH to use his words all the time. I started saying it long before we had children. And considering a mutual friend of ours used to say "What Lassie, did Timmy fall down the well?" I think it's quite nice even.

wellyes
01-19-2008, 07:50 PM

Oh, mine does that too, it drives me mad. What's worse is that he adds a "so...." at the end: "We're running low on groceries, so...." So what? So you are offering to go out & buy everything yourself? So you will take me out to dinner tonight? Grrrr.

It's OK to ask me to do something, that's not the problem. But you do have to actually ASK the question if you want my help!