PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity crib owners - do you feel baby is safe?

lunababy
01-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Hi. Long story short is that we own the Simplicity Aspen 4-1 that was involved in the recall. Apparently our hardware is OK but I feel nervous now putting my son in it.

Wondering who else is out there that has a Simplicity brand crib (any model) and what you did to make ensure your LO is safe.

(The long story long is that we bought the Simplicity as a crib for my then 2 year old who was not ready to give up a crib once her brother arrived. We had already converted it to a toddler bed when the recall happened and didn't plan to reuse it as a crib. Today the plastic track snapped off her brother's Forever Mine drop rail and of course they are out of business. So...now we'll have to use the Forever Mine as the big girl bed and use the Simplicity as a crib for the baby. ARGH!)

Any input appreciated!

elephantmeg
01-18-2008, 10:21 AM
we have one that wasn't in the recall but we do go through it every 6 months or so and tighten the screws. They do seem to get looser as he bounces in it. I am planning on getting a second one for #2. They are sharing a room and I'd like them to have the same crib.