PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the Bravado Nursing Tank?

sidmand
01-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Especially larger sizes?

I found that even though they should, the Glamourmom tanks never fit right. I would love to have a fairly supportive tank top to wear.

I did buy one of these in black and so far it definitely seems to fit better than the Glamourmom tank ever did. But I haven't done more than tried it on. Before I get it in the other colors (although I think it only comes in three colors in my size! 40 F/G), I thought I'd see if anyone has any IRL experience?

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/product.asp?ID=18

Davids-Coco
01-18-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm not as large as you... I'm a 30/32 D. But they have a moulded cup inside so they are really supportive. I hated the glamourmom's... tried one.

Let me just say that they are almost all I wear and have worn for 16 1/2 months straight. In the beginning, they were great because they kept some pressure on my incision. Then they were great for nursing in public since I could put them under my other shirts and not expose my belly while nursing. Now, they are just comfortable... very very comfortable. I also love the full drop down... I can't stand that cut out/bottle boobie effect.

Do you have anywhere near you where you could try one on?

sidmand
01-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Do you have anywhere near you where you could try one on?

I don't think anyone is going to have them instock to try, but it's great to hear that you've been happy with them. The one I did get to try seemed pretty decent, but I know that can change once you finish the "test run"!

I was always pulling the Glamourmom tank down (I know they have a longer one now, so that part might be better) and I hated those darn cut out too. They never seemed to be in quite the right place! :(

I think this may very well work. I wasn't sure if the size would be good, but I think it will be fine. But I think I might hold off this time (I was a little too gung ho last time!) and wait and stick with what I have so far. Unless of course I come across a great deal. Then I'll have to go ahead and get the other colors!

egoldber
01-18-2008, 09:56 PM
I have the Target ones and they are all I have worn for nearly 15 months! I have a couple Glamourmoms that I like, but every time I wore them I got a plugged duct. So something just wasn't hitting me right.

I'm a 38 D/E and I wear a Large in the Target tank. The XL would probably fit you.

wolverine2
02-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Digging up this thread to ask if anyone has problems with the bra part of the Bravado tank. With all of my Bravado bras, I had permanent elastic scrunching problems in the front (the band wouldn't lay flat anymore), which made them kind of uncomfortable. Will the same thing happen with the tank?

Thanks

Davids-Coco
02-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Digging up this thread to ask if anyone has problems with the bra part of the Bravado tank. With all of my Bravado bras, I had permanent elastic scrunching problems in the front (the band wouldn't lay flat anymore), which made them kind of uncomfortable. Will the same thing happen with the tank?

Thanks
I have had that happen and typically because the straps are being tightened too much (something I often do anyway). Keep in mind that they are only expected to support 10%... the band gives 90% support on a good bra. Try loosening them, giving them a wash and seeing if it is better...

I also lay flat dry them, which prevents the elastic from getting all crappy and rippled. (easy for me since I have a cabinet dryer with the lay flat dry top part)