PDA

View Full Version : Info on not putting small child in booster seat

801kelle
01-18-2008, 01:13 PM
HI. I am very carseat anal and have lots of friends who I have sent the literature to showing that it is safer to keep your child in a 5 pt harness versus a booster seat that uses vehicle seatbelt.

I know there have been discussions on the board and all of us who know better know that just because it says a weight of starting at 30lbs that it still is not safe for children to be in those booster seats. I have the links that show the crash videos, what happens when I child is in a booster vs 5 pt. But is there any literature out there that spells it out? I can't seem to find anything in addition to what I already have. I have a couple of articles to that spell out advisement on when your child really should sit in a booster and when they should still be in a carseat.

Yesterday my two friends put their carseats in my car so we could go somewhere. One was in a backless booster and if the boy weighs 30 lbs I would be suprised. The other maybe weighs 33 lbs and was in a high back booster.. I was cringing, biting my tongue and very uncomfortable. So I wanted to send an email .. saying something to the effect that after realizing that those seats are their regular carseats I wanted to share some information with them so that they could make sure their children are safe while traveling in a car.

Any information, sites, data, studies that people can give me would be sooo helpful.