PDA

View Full Version : Question for Shutterfly users

lmintzer
01-18-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm about to order a Photo Book (a large one--100 pages!). I've ordered a few times in the past, and I've noticed the color is skewed a little red.

Could I fix this by turning off the "Vivid Pics"? I work on a Mac laptop. I haven't calibrated it in any special way. I've adjusted color/contrast some in iPhoto but don't typically edit most of the photos in Photoshop Elements.

Would it make sense to turn of "Vivid Pics" or is that option mostly for more serious photographers or those who do more editing?

Thanks!

ThreeofUs
01-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Interesting. I've never used "vivid pics" and I have never seen a redness problem in my Shutterfly products, including many photo books.

I used to have this problem, however, with the Kodak-based site, and when I talked to them, it seemed it was because of their automatic photo-enhancing software (much like vivid pics, I think).

lmintzer
01-18-2008, 04:52 PM
I should clarify: Shutterfly uses Vivid Pics as a default color adjusting program. You actually have to deactivate it if you DON'T want it.

o_mom
01-18-2008, 04:53 PM
I don't know, but I'll be interested to hear. The only picture I didn't like in the book I just made was because it was too green. I had used photoshop on it, but didn't turn off the vivid pictures option, so I think that may be why. I was just in a rush to get it done and didn't have a good system for tracking which pictures I photoshopped and which ones I didn't. On my list for next year!

salsah
01-18-2008, 04:57 PM
try contacting shutterfly's customer service. i don't have any experience with them but i would assume that they should be able to help / make suggestions to solve the problem. especially with a 100 pg. photobook, i wouldn't want to take any chances experimenting without professional guidance.