PDA

View Full Version : 2 four year olds on first sleepover crack me up!

kijip
01-18-2008, 07:18 PM
My friends who are the parents of Toby's best bud S are *just* about to welcome their second baby after a long, long labor that started Wednesday morning. S came over to stay with us and will be here again tonight.
S spent most of the first night boucing around and asking what it is that kids did at sleepovers. I was like "um, sweetie, some ot them actually do sleep". :bouncy:

So far, Toby and S have commandered Toby's room, decorated it with easel paper and dubbed it their house. Toby's baby doll is their baby and they take turns feeding it and rubbing its back.

S and Toby have also each invented an older 15 year old sibling who gives them ice cream after dinner every night. We have never met these siblings (a sister for S and a brother for Toby) because they stay in their rooms, which no one else can see, and they stay there because they are always sick.

S and Toby marched into our bedroom at 11PM on Weds night and chorused in rehearsed unison that they were sick. Then Toby immediately fessed up and said "I'm not really sick, I am just pretending to be sick". S then chimed in that TOBY was pretending but she was not. Then Toby grabbed her hand and said, "you are not REALLY sick, you miss your mommy and daddy. But that is ok, because they will get you soon. When I came to your house when my mommy and daddy moved into this house, I missed them too and they came and got me." Then they gave each other a hug and we let them sleep in a nest at the foot of the bed. That was better than no sleep at all for sure.

Then yesterday I decided to occupy them with baking more carrot muffins and icing them and calling them b-day cupcakes. S immediately chimed in that she was going to make a special one for her sister, but that her sister would not be able to eat it so she would eat it for her. Then Toby chimed in that since S turns four on Saturday, he would make a special one for her with 4 candles.

These kids have know each other since S was born and have always been in snyc with each other- it is so cute to see them side by side for extended times.

With that, I will conclude by asking for BBB mojo for the safe arrival of S's little sister, whose mama deserves a rest after 2 days of labor. They are at the birth center now, so we are just waiting and hoping it will be a 1-18 b-day and not a 1-19 b-day. S b-day is tomorrow, so we are taking her to her party (which is happily outsourced to a gym) tomorrow.

maestramommy
01-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Man Katie, you must be tired. I know I would be!

That said, it is amazing what kids can come up with, and Toby and his buddy sound really cute! Smart too! :bighand:

JTsMom
01-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Awwwwwwwww. I know I already said this once this week, but that Toby is just a top-notch kiddo!

Sending birthday vibes to your friend. :stork-suprise:

ThreeofUs
01-18-2008, 08:55 PM
What cute, fun, and SMART kids Toby and his friend are!

Best of luck to S's mom.