PDA

View Full Version : BBB group hug!

JoyNChrist
01-19-2008, 03:42 AM
:22:

From a few recent threads, I'm gathering that several people haven't been feeling loved or appreciated or wanted or welcome around here. That's not directed at anyone specific, because I don't know any details, but I've been noticing lately that we're missing some people, and that others seem a bit disgruntled.

I know it can be hard to let people know you appreciate their advice, especially because the ratings system is gone. So I thought we could just take a minute to say how thankful we are for this board and everyone here.

I love this place. Love it, love it, love it. I honestly don't know what I would have done without it through my pregnancy and the past 10 months as a new mom. As someone who doesn't have any "mommy friends" IRL, I look to y'all for a lot of support and advice. And I've definitely found that and more here. Most of the women here (and Bill! :) ) are amazingly helpful and kind, and usually good for a laugh and a sympathetic ear. My personal favorites on this board are...
- the Lounge, for when I'm bored
- Bargain Alerts, even though I've "spaved" way too much
- Around the House, for cool future toy ideas and neat household stuff to lust over
- the Bitching Post, cuz I like to bitch ;)

I consider many of y'all friends, and I love being a part of this community and appreciate everyone (A&D, mods, and users) who makes it the place that it is.

:22:

elektra
01-19-2008, 04:09 AM
:grouphug:

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-19-2008, 05:05 AM
:22: :yeahthat:

TahliasMom
01-19-2008, 05:14 AM
same here. i miss everyone!!! i have no mommy friends...please come back...

casey0729
01-19-2008, 06:49 AM

Pennylane
01-19-2008, 09:34 AM
I love it here too! I have a few good friends IRL but this is the one place where I can truly be myself! I love to read what everyone has to say on the topics from the most serious to the silliest!

Thanks to all the moderators , Denise and Alan, and all the great members who make it such a great board.

Ann

caleymama
01-19-2008, 09:38 AM
From a few recent threads, I'm gathering that several people haven't been feeling loved or appreciated or wanted or welcome around here. That's not directed at anyone specific, because I don't know any details, but I've been noticing lately that we're missing some people, and that others seem a bit disgruntled.
:yeahthat:

This board's active members seem to go in cycles. I found it almost 6 (!!) years ago while researching Zooper strollers while pregnant with DD1. I've considered myself so lucky to have stumbled upon it. I lurked for a long time before joining and have seen my own activity levels here ebb and flow as my girls have grown and as my life has gone on. I can say that without a doubt, even in unpleasant times, this board is such a wonderful community of parents from all walks of life. I have learned more here than from any other parenting resource (and I won't even begin to get into the bargains I've been able to take advantage of). My kids are growing so fast - 3 & 5 already! - and it's unlikely we'll have another. I'm realizing that my time here at "Baby" Bargains is technically over, but the camaraderie, info, and deals keep me coming back. This place just feels like a part of my life and I feel like I *know* so many of you even though I'm not that active.

Anyway, this was a nice idea Stacy and I'm in on that group hug. :grouphug:

LarsMal
01-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Good idea, Stacy! I've noticed a lot of people missing, too, and I miss them!!!

I don't know where I'd be without these boards. I probably share more than I should on a public forum, but oh well! I have gotten so much great advice and support from so many of you. I really do consider these boards free therapy!!!!

Big HUGS to you all!

sidmand
01-19-2008, 10:29 AM
:grouphug: (I didn't even know there was a group hug smilie until I saw the others, how cute!)

There are quite a lot of names I see missing lately, but like someone said, with the holidays and the migration it started out tough anyway.

And I know things ebb and flow in life. Particularly when your kid(s) start to get older, you don't need this board as much anyway.

It is nice to see familiar names though and I know I've learned more than I can ever express from people on this board. Every night I tell DH something about what happened on the boards!

ThreeofUs
01-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Tee hee! Great idea!

anamika
01-19-2008, 11:16 AM
I'll play too. I'm normally not the type send online hugs and kisses but I too love these boards.
:22: :hug5:
Yeah, I think the boards are missing some of the regulars who are missed. But on the plus side, I see a lot of new posters.

momtoonegirl
01-19-2008, 01:42 PM
I'll join in :22:

Thanks to everyone who posts and moderates on the BBB for their time and effort! :cheerleader1:

lizajane
01-19-2008, 01:49 PM
:cheerleader1: GO TEAM BBB!!!

FWIW, i would like to rate stacey as way cool and fun and a benefit to our crowd.

i have been here for nearly 5 years and i just don't ever get sucked into the disgruntled vortex. works for me!!!!

happy to be around and also happy to see several new faces!! welcome!:22:

gatorsmom
01-19-2008, 01:50 PM
I've noticed a lot of people missing too- many of the "old timers.' It seemed to happen when the boards changed or maybe everyone had New Year's Resolutions to spend more time getting housework done and less time playing on the boards? ;).

I love these boards too and have found them to be indispensible and so supportive. I get so much fantastic info from them. I could never have gotten this well informed anywhere else- so big hugs to everyone and thank you for being here!!

great idea, Stacy!

purpleeyes
01-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Yes, me too! I had the EXACT thought after reading some of the other posts. I love it here and I miss it if I can't get to it for even one day!

:29: :love5:

Piling on the love, get it?!?

(plus, I just figured out the smiles, how fun!)

MamaMolly
01-19-2008, 11:24 PM
A day doesn't go by where I don't quote someone off these boards. I'm so frustrated and lonely when they are down! And where would I (or DD) be with out all the advice on baby products?
Last night I noticed another hole in the crotch area of DDs first Hanna zipper. And I'm stubborn enough to iron on another ladybug patch and keep on trucking. But baby gear aside, it is the wonderful people who make these boards what they are!

Fairy
01-20-2008, 12:26 AM
Thank you for starting this really nice thread, Stacy. I lurked for months and months before I signed on, It's hard to deny that the board is a little different now than when I first found my way here, but all things cycle. Some people go for whatever reason, others join us. I am proud to be part of the BBB, as we've proven time and again that we are a caring, supportive group of moms, dads ... aunt's! No matter how you slice it, we are a wonderful community, I've been impacted so much by so many of you. Taking your hug, and giving one right back.

JoyNChrist
01-20-2008, 03:23 AM
FWIW, i would like to rate stacey as way cool and fun and a benefit to our crowd.

Aww... :love5:

And by the way, Lisa, I did make a New Year's Resolution to spend less time on the computer (aka the BBB) and focus on housework, but...um...I broke it...well...um...way faster than I want to admit. :p

tylersmama
01-20-2008, 03:30 AM
:29: :grouphug:

I :heartbeat: the BBB! I don't know what I would do without these boards. Well, besides probably lead a more productive life, but you can't have everything, right? :duck: