PDA

View Full Version : Rear facing tether help!

aim3304
01-19-2008, 04:46 PM
We are installing 2 new Britax Boulevard seats in the two middle row captain seats of our 2007 Honda Odyssey. The seats will be rear facing. Anyone have the minivan and can you recommend what your carseat is tethered to? The only anchor in the floor that we see is off to the side. Is it incorrect to tether to the underneath of the seat on which the carseat sits? Help please!

Thank you!!!!

Joolsplus2
01-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Try this helpful article... http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=9902
But that only shows one...hmmm...not sure about a second seat. Britax has verbally said it's not ok to tether to the same seat, and it's not in the manual pictured that way...but It's also been tested by independent researchers, and it used to be ok for Britaxes, and I would not feel uncomfortable tethering my own carseat to the front leg of the same seat that the carseat is on (I wouldn't wrap it all under and back up to the tether on the back of the seat, I'd find something relatively straight down that wouldn't contact any sharp or moving metal parts). It's ok to go off to the side if that's necessary, too.

aim3304
01-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Thank you so much for your help. It would be nice if car manufacturers included the anchor points for RF seats as they do for FF seats.

mom2binsd
01-20-2008, 11:46 PM
We have our RF MA tethered to the captains chair of our Monterey van- we (well my FIL and I did, DH hasn't gotten into the carseat thing!) decided to do this based on the advice of the folks here....there is a bar on the captains seat that does not move and is perfect for tethering....we were unsuccessful finding any point to attach to the seatbelt track etc of the front seat. We have a rock solid install and confidence that it is safe. HTH

Beth