PDA

View Full Version : Method 8 pc cleaning set $19.98

catpagmo
01-20-2008, 12:49 AM
OK, I'm not one who shops on HSN (Home Shopping Network) usually, but I was channel surfing and came across what seems like a pretty good deal. Check this out...
They have an 8 piece cleaning kit by Method for $19.98.

It includes:
25 fl. oz. bottle of liquid dish soap
28 fl. oz. spray bottle of glass cleaner
28 fl. oz. spray bottle of all purpose cleaner
30-count container of biodegradable cleaning wipes
(2) 12 fl. oz. hand wash
Washable microfiber cloth
Detox tote bag - measures approx. 15"L x 15"W x 25"H

I ordered one in "pink grapefruit". I can't wait to try it. It's non-toxic and kid and pet friendly, and earth friendly, too!

http://home-solutions.hsn.com/method-8-piece-detox-your-home-cleaning-kit_p-4107741_xp.aspx?&cm_re=product_carousel*page1_spot3_topline*Recentl yonAir&ocm=HPHSN

hellokitty
01-20-2008, 02:45 PM
That sounds like a great deal, but I felt compelled to share my experience about method products, b/c I think ppl who have not tried them would probably like to know what they are getting. I got a pk of different method products at target two yrs ago. I really thought I would like them. I hated them. I tried the glass cleaner (left streaks), I tried the bathroom cleaner (didn't do a good job and the smell was overwhelming), I tried the wipes (left streaks and too strong of a smell), I tried the liquid dish detergent and it did not cut through grease and you had to use a ton of it. I also tried the hand soap and it is probably the only product that works well, BUT the scent is overpowering. I feel that they try to cover up chemical scents by overpowering with fragrance, EVERY product (I tried lavendar and sweet pea) gave me a huge headache, esp the shower cleaner. I was really disappointed with the entire experience. After some other research, I also discovered that method products are not as, "natural" as they claim them to be. So, buyer beware. If you want to try something all natural, I really love biokleen and 7th generation products, or better yet, make your own for only pennies.

kellybelly0513
01-20-2008, 11:47 PM
I use a lot of Method products too and have been for the past few years since I had a child- I wanted to start using less toxic products. I have never tried the glass cleaner, but I have loved everything else that I use. I use the bathroom cleaner, the cleaning wipes, the wood floor cleaner/polish, wood furniture cleaner, handsoap and the granite countertop spray. I think they are all great and I love the smells.

JoyNChrist
01-20-2008, 11:55 PM
I especially love the wood floor cleaner/polish scent...I wish they made candles or some other home fragrance in that almond scent. Yummy!

vludmilla
01-21-2008, 12:02 AM
"I also discovered that method products are not as, "natural" as they claim them to be. So, buyer beware"

I agree. I found that some of their products contain phosphates, parabens, etcetera. Definitely NOT eco friendly or as natural as they claim to be.