PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Dish Towels?

LD92599
01-21-2008, 12:06 AM
I need new dish towels and picked up a set in WS today. They are smaller than the standard size dish towel which actually works out better since the drawer i have dedicated for the towels is narrow!

I'm curious if anyone has experience with WS Dish Towels? Or anyone have a favorite dish towel?

Laura

PS: Oh wait I bought "Dish Cloths" which are smaller than Dish Towels?

Marisa6826
01-21-2008, 02:13 AM
The WS dish towels (bigger than the cloths) rock. I have a couple dozen of them. They're probably at least nine years old and are still going strong. They get bleached once a week and not a problem with them at all.

They also made *awesome* baby bibs for the girls ;) - the perfect size to tie around their necks. The ladies at WS thought it was hilarious when I told them about it.

I'm loving those bright stripey colours they have on their website. I might have to go 'visit' those IRL...

-m

Neatfreak
01-21-2008, 04:06 AM
I have two sets from WS and they're my favourite. They actually absorb water, which my previous ones didn't really do ...

LD92599
01-21-2008, 08:05 AM
WS is my new favorite store for myself...ah, i mean the house :-)

I'll go back this week for more towels, especially since they are on sale!

I love that they are distinct - meaning obviously for the kitchen and we'll know NOT to use them to clean the car wheels!!

Thanks girls!

lmwbasye
01-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Definitely WS towels. They are awesome and all I ever use. I found out about them from both my MIL and my mother who use them as well.

DrSally
01-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Just to clarify, are we talking about Williams Sonoma? I haven't tried those, maybe I should!

rlu
01-21-2008, 08:54 PM
We just use white hand towels we bought at Costco over 10 years ago. We do have a few holiday themed ones that come and go at the appropriate time (although our Christmas tree is still up.)

LD92599
01-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Just to clarify, are we talking about Williams Sonoma? I haven't tried those, maybe I should!

Yes, Williams Sonoma!

hellokitty
01-22-2008, 12:14 AM
The WS dish towels (bigger than the cloths) rock. I have a couple dozen of them. They're probably at least nine years old and are still going strong. They get bleached once a week and not a problem with them at all.

They also made *awesome* baby bibs for the girls ;) - the perfect size to tie around their necks. The ladies at WS thought it was hilarious when I told them about it.

I'm loving those bright stripey colours they have on their website. I might have to go 'visit' those IRL...

-m

Stupid question, how do you bleach your towels? Do you let them soak or do you just run a regular load with bleach added to it? I have a whole bunch of WS towels too, but they desperately need to be bleached. I rarely ever use bleach, so I have been putting it off.

new_mommy25
01-22-2008, 01:54 AM
WS towels are all I use. I love them! Mine are from about 2000 and still going strong. The dish cloths are great too.

LD92599
01-25-2008, 10:54 PM
We went to WS tonight and i picked up a few packs of the regular size dishtowels!

LBW
01-26-2008, 11:16 AM
The WS outlets (like the one in Woodbury) usually have these for cheap.

kaitlinsmommy
01-26-2008, 01:13 PM
I have some WS towels too. I also love Xochi towels & pick some up whenever I find them (like at Sur La Table).