PDA

View Full Version : Car seat/booster recommendations?

spunkybaby
01-21-2008, 01:43 PM
I am thinking about buying another car seat/booster for DD1, who is 33 pounds and will be 4 in March. Right now she sits FF in a Marathon in my parents' Sienna and a Recaro Young Sport in my Odyssey. DD2 (13 months and 20+ pounds) sits RF in a Marathon in both cars, and we have a Scenera in DH's car. We may need another car seat/booster in DH's car (a 1996 Honda Civic 2-door) for short trips to the babysitter (1x each week, about a 5-minute local drive) since I am going back to work 1 day each week. I will drop off the kids, and DH will pick them up, so another option is to take out one of my seats when I drop them off.

Any recommendations? I would love to buy a Britax Parkway, but I'm guessing DD1's still too little and too young. And DD1 is not heavy enough for the RideSafer travel vest (darn!) Or should I just switch out the car seats until DD1 turns 4 and gains some weight?

TIA!

ETA: No tethers in DH's car, and the two carseats would have to be in the outboard positions.

o_mom
01-21-2008, 04:23 PM
nak - Graco Nautilus? FF only, 65 lb harness, taller than the marathon (slightly) and doesn't require headrest like the Apex.

Can you have tethers added? Not required, but does increase safety.

spunkybaby
01-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Thanks, o_mom, I will take a look at the Graco Nautilus although it's a little more than I was hoping to spend, especially for a Graco. I doubt we'll install tethers since we're having discussions about replacing DH's car with a newer one.

If anyone else has any recommendations, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks again!

o_mom
01-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Does she still fit in the Scenera? You can't go wrong at $40. The Graco Cargo (w/front adjuster) would also be good. Only harnesses to 40 lbs, but that may be plenty given her light weight. The Nautilus makes a better booster later, but the Cargo is cheaper ($80-100)