PDA

View Full Version : my kids are in the playroom SCREAMING at each other

lizajane
01-21-2008, 04:48 PM
and the last think i want to do is go down there and stop them. sigh.

dylan (3 on saturday coming up) just yelled at his brother, "i am outta here. i don't wanna be your friend."

nice.

and we were supposed to be resting so we could go to the indoor pool with their best friend.

poo.

C99
01-21-2008, 07:29 PM
dylan (3 on saturday coming up) just yelled at his brother, "i am outta here. i don't wanna be your friend."

He probably learned it from Schuyler. DS1 often says this to DD when she is annoying him and/or ignoring his explicit directions for her play, which causes her to cry. He yells louder, she cries louder, and so on. They often play together amazingly well, but the difference in their development sometimes smacks us all in the face. They spend so much time together (share a room at the moment); by Sunday, I cannot wait for Monday morning and school to start because they attend different schools (DD is technically in MDO) and have some much-needed separation. It helped that DD had MDO today but DS1 was out for the holiday.

hellokitty
01-21-2008, 07:29 PM
I feel your pain. My 2.5 yr old is a screamer. I do not know what to do with him. If anything does not go his way, he screams bloody murder. My oldest son just stands back and stares at him (I feel bad at him, b/c he is always telling his younger brother to calm down, lol). It often results in wrestling matches, and then my 2.5 yr old just screams even louder, b/c usually he is the one who is losing the match. I am wondering if this is a boy thing? My 2.5 yr old is almost always the instigator, and I think I am partially deaf from all of his screaming. He's been like this ever since he was a newborn... scream, scream, scream! Lately, he's been making it even more dramatic by throwing himself onto the floor and kicking his feet and flailing his arms too. It makes me dread what his teenage yrs will be like...

thomma
01-22-2008, 07:19 PM
My kids are jumping on dd's bed shouting potty words at each other.
But... I don't hear a thing! :)

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

kcampbell
01-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Two extreme SCREAMERS here! Both are girls but man oh man they can let it go especially the younger one. I feel your pain.