PDA

View Full Version : gift for 3 year old girl twins

rebeccaravit
01-22-2008, 02:03 PM
DS was just invited to his first birthday party. I need some ideas on what to get for 3yr old girls (DS is 2). I assume I should get an individual gift for each child rather than something they can share, right? What do 3 yr old girls like? What an appropriate spending limit? These are classmates of his from pre-school.

Thanks.

bubbaray
01-22-2008, 02:32 PM
I would do separate gifts. What about Disney Princess dolls for both of them -- different princesses (like, get one Cinderella, one Ariel or whatever their favorites are). Maybe a Princess coloring book each too.

DD#1 is over the moon with anything Princess. You could also do dressup clothes from the Princess line.

I budget around $20 for b-day gifts.

sarahsthreads
01-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Cabbage Patch now puts out "Li'l Sprouts" that were $10-ish at Target around Christmas time. Here's a link to them on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/3yh5dc (Their height is misprinted as 5'...I think they're actually closer to 5"... :D)

Like the bigger Cabbage Patch dolls, they all have different skin, hair and eye colors, as well as names and birthdates, and there are a few different varieties of accessories. I got one each for DD and her best friend (both 3yo) and they adore them - they named them after each other and they bring them whenever they're going to see each other.

HTH!
Sarah :)

oneplustwo
01-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Definitely do separate gifts for them. My Little Pony toys are pretty popular still for this age. My DD got them at ages three and four and still enjoys them at age 6. I agree with PP that the Lil Sprouts dolls are another great idea.

Anne
mom to DD, 8/01 and DS1 and DS2, 11/03

CiderLogan
01-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Yep, separate gifts. How about something for each of them with their name/initial?

jenmcadams
01-22-2008, 05:05 PM
My favorite gifts for kids this age are personalized capes (I normally do the princess ones) from this etsy seller:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5058462

She's awesome to work with and if you have a week or so lead time to the party, she can normally make sure you have it in time. In normally email the birthday child's mom and ask about favorite colors and then order them.

hardysmom
01-22-2008, 06:02 PM
I'd say you can either do 2 smaller gifts, or one bigger thing as long as it is something which can be played together as opposed to something to fight about. Giving each girl the same thing is perfectly fine in twin world, particularly if you don't know their individual tastes... it limits fighting. If you give one Belle and the other Sleeping Beauty and they both want Sleeping Beauty, it is very noisy, lol... Most twin parents I know buy 2 of many favorite toys for that reason.

Often, 2 related gifts packaged as one present works well- like, my kids are really into play food so play food + plates/bowls, etc works well. BTW- my girls LOVE the learning resources food- ice cream, cupcakes, etc... At 3, most g/g twins kind of work out among themselves what belongs to which one based on interests.

My Little Pony is a universal favorite (ugh) and they are only $5 ish, so getting 2 isn't horrible.

Stephanie

Jen841
01-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Laurie Berkner Band DVD/CD set?
Ralph's World DVD/CD set?
Justin Roberts?
Dane Zanes?

I am a music gift Mom. You could give one CD/DVD and then some instruments. Kazoo's are a hit with my kids right now.