PDA

View Full Version : Leapster L-Max Connection To TV

MMMommy
01-22-2008, 06:48 PM
A friend of mine has an L-Max, and when she connects it to the tv, the cable connecting the L-Max to the tv seems to loosen very easily and the picture on the screen dies out. She said that the cable doesn't even come unplugged, it just loosens very easily resulting in the picture loss on the tv screen.

Is it not supposed to do that? I advised her to call Leapfrog and request a replacement cable to connect the L-Max to the tv (not sure if Leapfrog will do that for her, but it's worth a try). But I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

Thanks!

jbrandy
01-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Yes we find that the cable loosens from the LMax very easily and then flickers or stops showing on the TV. We are on our second cord. The first got caught in the drawer and it bend the plug and it wouldn't work at all. The second we find is still very sensitive. If DS doesn't sit still it wiggles out quickly. Honestly If I had to do it again, I'm not sure I would purchase the LMax version as DS rarely wants to see it on the TV. Leapster is the best investment we have made but...if I had to buy another I'd just get the regular version as opposed to the LMax version.

I would suggest calling Leap to see if they will send another if it is doing this and it is still plugged in. It is worth a try!

Beth B
DS 4-4-03
DS 4-18-07