PDA

View Full Version : How to set up? Have 5 carseats which two for each car?

bisous
01-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Okay, here's the haps. I have a Britax Marathon, a Safety First Apex 60, a Graco Comfortsport (with very minimal padding) and a Graco Snugride with two bases. DS1 is 4yo, 47 pounds with approx. 2 inches left in his Britax Marathon which I absolutely LOVE. DS2 is 6 mos., 16 pounds and maybe an inch left in his snugride. The snugride has a busted handle which limits its capacity to only a carseat--aka I can't use it as a carrier at all. The comfortsport is not my favorite but is an option. The Apex is fine but is only forward facing and is a bear to install. I have two cars to install into. I drive a 2000 Honda CRV without LATCH and with only a lap belt in the center seat. My mom drives a 2004 Toyota Camry with LATCH. We only drive in the Toyota a couple of times a week but she likes to have seats installed all the time. I had planned on the Regent when DS outgrew his Marathon but since we still have some time before that happens I'm not sure I want to go this route quite yet. I'm not opposed to purchasing another seat but would like to keep the price low and have the option last a long time.

Here's my thoughts:

I could do the Apex and the snugride in the Camry. Once the Apex is installed it is "fine" and the snugride should last a month or two even though I HATE it.
Then I could do the Marathon outboard tethered for DS1 and the Comfortsport center RF. I just hate the options for the baby quite frankly. I'm concerned about the safety of the Comfortsport.

OR I could do the Apex Outboard (because of tethering and also headrest issues) and the Marathon RF center in the Honda (because it is used most often) while putting the Comfortsport in the Toyota with a cheap backless booster for my DS1? This seems more acceptable for the baby but less acceptable for DS1...

OR I could spring for the Regent and have the two good seats in the Honda and the Comfortsport and Apex in the Toyota. The Comfortsport and the Apex are somewhat annoying to install but with LATCH it should be easier, right?

OR what about this Nautilus? Is it an acceptable replacement for the Regent? It is $100 cheaper but will it be a bear to install or use on a day to day basis?

I hate to say it but money is an issue. I would love to come up with a configuration that doesn't require buying a new seat (although it is inevitable eventually) but will do whatever is "best".

TIA,

Jen

bisous
01-23-2008, 05:50 PM
OK. How about this...

Honda CRV--Buy a Radian, install FF in center. Marathon RF outboard.

Camry--Comfortsport and Apex both outboard with LATCH.

Do you think DS will fit for much longer in the Radian? He has about 2 inches to go in the Marathon approx. and I know the Radian is a bit higher...

Thanks,

Jen

Joolsplus2
01-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah, that :). My dd fit in the Radian about a year longer than she fit in the Marathon, and he should be fine in a booster once it's outgrown.